AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

I think the word WIN sums this up quite nicely.

It seems the channel isn't tied to a specific company, although Beez seem to have a lot of involvement, there's Revelation there with FMA, which gives hope to there being even more from both companies, and perhaps MVM/ADV/Manga.

I wonder what channel number this will get. I hope it's free-to-air/view as well, because I don't have Sky... only the box :eek:

I don't think it will show new stuff all the way to 6am, they will probably repeat the shedule.

I'd imagine 4 1/2 hours of new stuff, and then repeated. I'd like to see it take more shows as well, if it were to grow it should maybe branch out and try to wrestle the adult swim license from Bravo.

Lets wait and see the official line up because they could be more. Also the start time may change before 9pm after a few months.

I hope the times do eventually change.I doubt very much i'll be staying up all night to watch what has been listed so far.As i am yet to see Cowboy Bebop still,i'll probably be tuning into that though.Good news overall i'd say :D

TRASHBAT said:
I hope the times do eventually change.I doubt very much i'll be staying up all night

Same here. Great news, but I don't think the times are right - in fact, they're very bad. This is the problem, companies expect anime to do all the work for them, because it gets little advertising, small corners in shops and often bad time slots (like sci-fi's Neon Genesis and Excel Saga). If the times change, this could be GGGGRRRREEEEAAAAATTTTT (right Tony >.> ?).

Ryo Chan said:
perfect for me and arby then, we're night owls lol

lol yeah, though i may actually have to learn to sleep when i start university. But good news, specially if Bebop shows fro start to finish instead of a random order like CNX. Still i'll be looking forward to this.

J_C_X said:
I don't think it will show new stuff all the way to 6am, they will probably repeat the shedule.

I'd imagine 4 1/2 hours of new stuff, and then repeated. I'd like to see it take more shows as well, if it were to grow it should maybe branch out and try to wrestle the adult swim license from Bravo.

Looking at how many shows have been listed this is what i'm also thinking.

I'm not overly impressed with the lineup either, ok some of them arn't bad and are worth a watch and Planetes is excellent, but on the whole it's all a bit. "Meh". :?

But I suppose it's a step in in the right direction and everything has to start somewhere, I can't help wishing this start could be a little stronger though. :?

Ultimate fanboy yayness.

I hope it lasts for a long time. Planning to record it and watch it. I wonder if they are doing a new episodes per week or a new episodes per day one thing. Would rather weekly. =]]

Also. Going to watch all the shows, even if I've already seen it. :D

hopeful_monster said:
NEWS FLASH
It is a new channel on Sky starting in September running from 9pm to 6am showing Gundam Seed, FMA, Planetes Bleach, Bebop, .HackWolf's Rain and some Transformers.
Will post more later (currently hijacking computer at front of room). :roll:

I noticed this has been missed on the news section of this website, is this a typo?

hopeful_monster wrote:
NEWS FLASH
It is a new channel on Sky starting in September running from 9pm to 6am showing Gundam Seed, FMA, Planetes Bleach, Bebop, .HackWolf's Rain and some Transformers.
Will post more later (currently hijacking computer at front of room).

I noticed this has been missed on the news section of this website, is this a typo?

Okay now I am hearing that bleach is on it too. What the hell is going on here!!!!!!!!!! Man this is crazy. I think I will just wait and here the official announcement by anime central.

Errm, I dunno why everyone complaining about the time (9pm - 6am).

Cause I don't see a problem with it (And I'm 15 and soon be back in school by the time this channel starts, and Do I complain).

Look, Between 7pm and 9pm, people will be taking over the TV for the Soaps since most household have like... 1 Sky box. Secondly, I don't see how Anime will air before 7pm uncut (unless they want to show Pokemon and edited DBZ)

So be greatful that we have a channel coming to the UK, and a time slot like that will be great for Teenagers (Like me) who wants to stay up and watching TV, and Uni Students (who will most likely study before 9pm).

Everyone should know that the biggest audience Anime is aimed at are Teenagers (13-18 ) and University Students

Chrono Demon said:

Cause I don't see a problem with it (And I'm 15 and soon be back in school by the time this channel starts, and Do I complain).

Look, Between 7pm and 9pm, people will be taking over the TV for the Soaps since most household have like... 1 Sky box. Secondly, I don't see how Anime will air before 7pm uncut (unless they want to show Pokemon and edited DBZ)

So be greatful that we have a channel coming to the UK, and a time slot like that will be great for Teenagers (Like me) who wants to stay up and watching TV, and Uni Students (who will most likely study before 9pm).

Everyone should know that the biggest audience Anime is aimed at are Teenagers (13-18 ) and University Students

Agree with that, the demographic for viewers will most likely be the 14-24 group and I'd imagine they will look at a equal male/female split. As it's format, I don't know if the anime market could support a 24 hour channel however as I said they should maybe look at other options as well.

I have to admit, I actually keep it quiet I watch anime as I don't think I'm in the "anime fan stereotype" brackets. I like the Sopranos, cars, woman and Football as much as the next red blooded male but I've started to tell my friends I watch it and they are getting hooked as well. :lol:

Chrono Demon said:

Very good points, actually! ^_^

Chrono Demon said:

I am in the situation as you, but to actually be able to do school work im gonna need to go to bed before the large majority of this is on (except fri and sat). So...does your school day start at like 12 or sumin? If so, I wanna transfer....

megagold5 said:
Chrono Demon said:

I am in the situation as you, but to actually be able to do school work im gonna need to go to bed before the large majority of this is on (except fri and sat). So...does your school day start at like 12 or sumin? If so, I wanna transfer....

Its 9am, and if you wanna transfer to my school, then get kicked out of your own school. They only take students who been kicked out of mainstream school XDDDDDDDDDD

And basically, we all got alarms, anyway

This whole thing is awesome. I really would not be surprised to see Bleach on as we're getting the anime from Manga near the end of the year, the games early next year. Bleach is doing what Naruto did last year. But all in all this is awesome. Its about damn time something like this came to the UK. Power to the anime fans!..... My only problem is it wil be the English dub versions that’s shown and for shows like Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist its not a problem but if they start showing something like Chobits dubbed I will bat them.

Sakimori said:
This whole thing is awesome. I really would not be surprised to see Bleach on as we're getting the anime from Manga near the end of the year, the games early next year. Bleach is doing what Naruto did last year. But all in all this is awesome. Its about damn time something like this came to the UK. Power to the anime fans!..... My only problem is it wil be the English dub versions that’s shown and for shows like Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist its not a problem but if they start showing something like Chobits dubbed I will bat them.

It's an english tv channel it will be all dub probly :p
I mean just think of the blind anime fans :eek:

Back