Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that you can’t checkout at all using a code and bogof. Be so much easy if the code could just ignore certain items
I agree, by the time I removed the items from my order so I could checkout with the code, some of the BOGOFF ones I wanted had sold out! Dammit!

I placed a sizeable order thanks to the under £30 section using the 10% code but also struggled with the BOGOF offer. Am now deliberating on which EB titles to get with the 15% code.

Ordered the 2 parts of Iron Blooded Orphans on the 2 for 1. Have put Bartender, Megalobox, Eureka Seven Hi Evo 1, Mind Game, Promare OST Vinyl and the Bebop game in the basket for later in the week. If any go, they go.

What is essentials and what does s.a.v.e. set mean?
It only applies to US imports and just a way of identifing the editions and a some times slight content changes.
If I'm correct this more applies to funimation titles

Normal standard first editions can often be Blu-ray, DVD and Digital (but varies sometimes they ditch the DVD's)

Essentials is often Blu ray and digital and is often in a 11mm case (but depends on disc amount), and has a small banner saying essentials and not too invasive.

S.A.V.E stands for "super amazing value eidition" and has a giant yellow green SAVE down the spine and front cover. I don't think they ever come with digital, but do often try to throw DVD's in there.
Some time the covers a reversable so you can hide the SAVE green/yellow spine, but that just varies.

------

And also ordered a boat load of stuff from everyone as well. My wallet will probably make it, but I usually keep punishing the poor thing.
Did get both mystery bundles form all the anime with my 15% and part of a boat load of other stuff in the same order.

Last edited:
What is essentials and what does s.a.v.e. set mean?
Funimation in the US typically re-release their standard edition blu-rays as cheaper releases, either as a "s.a.v.e." or "essentials" release, the essentials ones have the same artwork as the standard release but with a banner on the front along the top, "s.a.v.e." releases seem to use older artwork and have a big yellow/green banner along the left side and the spine, here's the two releases for Michiko & Hatchin on amazon.com;

The "s.a.v.e." ones seem to be older, lots of DVD releases under it, I think they phased it out when moving away from DVDs, curiously though there are a few releases like the above that have both.

Had organised myself to be able to order in time this year and managed to get Lucky Star, which I'd missed last year, but lost out on the unexpected Claymore as I was waffling about something or the other.

Went nuts as expected but not ashamed as there are some cracking deals. Couldn't put in my extra last two MVM & AL fomo orders thinking my card had been blocked, but no, I had just over twenty squid left in my account... Did an Asda shop for a fiver on my way back home and was indescribably pleased with the lowest amount spent this day. Still on a retail therapy high and in need of a sign stating "do not lend this man any money to feed his anime addiction".

Goodness, I haven't even factored in the early birds yet, bugger ...

Had organised myself to be able to order in time this year and managed to get Lucky Star, which I'd missed last year, but lost out on the unexpected Claymore as I was waffling about something or the other.

Went nuts as expected but not ashamed as there are some cracking deals. Couldn't put in my extra last two MVM & AL fomo orders thinking my card had been blocked, but no, I had just over twenty squid left in my account... Did an Asda shop for a fiver on my way back home and was indescribably pleased with the lowest amount spent this day. Still on a retail therapy high and in need of a sign stating "do not lend this man any money to feed his anime addiction".

Goodness, I haven't even factored in the early birds yet, bugger ...

Thank you for helping me feel like I'm not alone in this madness 🙏 (lol but also 😢)

Funimation in the US typically re-release their standard edition blu-rays as cheaper releases, either as a "s.a.v.e." or "essentials" release, the essentials ones have the same artwork as the standard release but with a banner on the front along the top, "s.a.v.e." releases seem to use older artwork and have a big yellow/green banner along the left side and the spine, here's the two releases for Michiko & Hatchin on amazon.com;

The "s.a.v.e." ones seem to be older, lots of DVD releases under it, I think they phased it out when moving away from DVDs, curiously though there are a few releases like the above that have both.
The Essentials are the new the S.A.V.E line as funimation has pretty much got rid of that as well as those terrible yellow borders you only see them in the older releases and will soon be phased out completely.

Really wish they operated like some stores in the US in grouping the free item in BOGO offers with the nearest matching item by price instead of just discounting the lowest one.

Since I need to hit £100 for international shipping, can't even split it all up. Oh well.

Had to make two separate orders, one for the BOGO and one for other items just so I could utilize the coupon, since it wouldn't let you use the coupon with any BOGO items in the cart, instead of just not discounting them.

£200+ spent already and the EBs haven't dropped yet. This is getting expensive...

ooh! Ok thanks I'm checking out now
I think you'd asked about Eureka - If it helps, I felt it to be an accomplished mecha anime with a romance element. From memory interesting characters, some of the usual social commentary, good music and the mechas have a unique "surfing in the sky" element which is very funky technically I guess. I'd recommend and I think it is rated well by critics generally as well.

Last edited:
Some things seem to be going in and out stock. Was thinking about Gundam 00 but one part was oos when I got to checkout. Now both parts available again.

Got Tamako CE. TV series is pleasant enough, but it's the movie I've really wanted. £25 is a price I'm happy to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back