Status
Not open for further replies.
BOGOF offer is kinda dumb, in terms of how it's programed or scripted or whatever, add two £20 releases and get one of them free, but add two £10 releases to that and it's those two that are free, always makes the cheapest you add to cart free, costing you £40 rather the £30 it'd be in total if you make two separate orders...

I just went with the two Konasuba releases by themselves, dunno if I'll bother with another BOGOF order.

Very happy I got an order in for Noragamo Arigato though, and Aldnoah Zero part 2 CE for £5 is a steal, even if I have the standard already and the part 1 CE is long sold out.

BOGOF offer is kinda dumb, in terms of how it's programed or scripted or whatever, add two £20 releases and get one of them free, but add two £10 releases to that and it's those two that are free, always makes the cheapest you add to cart free, costing you £40 rather the £30 it'd be in total if you make two separate orders...
That's how it works universally y'know, no shop will give you the most expensive thing for free lol

Damn, lucky star went fast. I had it in my cart while dithering over to add cowboy bebop so the decision was made for me. Gutted I bought tamako market at full price earlier this year but whatever. I went with

cowboy bebop
Vampire Hunter d
Full metal panic s1
Full metal panic fumoffu
Full metal panic invisible victory ce

might get re zero later if it’s still available.

Combo attack on my bank account!

Little Busters
Familiar of Zero
Super Sonico
Kamisama Kiss
Invaders of the Rokyujoma

will be mine

That was this morning...

Grabbed the Utena sets which I've been hovering over for a year and more, Gave Megalobox a blind buy and gave it the discount. I'm not too enthused over the Early Birds this year.

Then placed a second order for the Konosuba sets with the BOGOF

Then went over to UP1 to place an order for Kamisama Kiss S1 Blu-ray because format inconsistency bugs me...

Critical hit to my bank balance!

There's a few things that are intriguing me (wolf's rain, escaflowne, eureka seven) but I'm not so strongly interested that I think my wallet may rather not.
I'll wait for CCS to come up and grab Bartender along with it and use my code on that

relatively quiet one for me this year. No doubt mainly because I’ve bought so much in previous years.
Tamako Market
Megalobox
Welcome to the Ballroom part 2
IBO season 1
And both mystery boxes because I like a surprise.

Had been keeping an eye on Rayearth and Utena but I’m not interested enough to bite at their current sale prices.

That's how it works universally y'know, no shop will give you the most expensive thing for free lol
I get that, I'm not asking to get a £20 item free with a £10 one, but if you're buying two £20 and two £10 items I don't think it's unreasonable to expect one of each to be free, rather than the two cheapest ones.

Whatever, it's likely going to cost AL money in postage costs because most will know to split their orders anyways...

Let's try not to think about it... And the EBs aren't even online yet. And we don't know if they'll add stuff during the sale. Oh my lord. I bought the blue box following the logic that Ride Your Wave and Violet Evergarden aren't discounted and both use blue as one of the main colors. My way of telling people I'm dumb without actually telling them I'm dumb. Also, this after telling myself "lol I'm totally not gonna spend money one the boxes". Urgh.

As for your last point, my first order was a mess. I used the code thinking it would apply to eligible items and BOGOF would still work, only it didn't. Also shipping didn't default to the free option, so I paid 11.50. Emailed them about it, hope there's something that can be done.
I made a total mess with my first order as well.

By the time I tried to fix my order - all the BOGOF items I wanted have sold out :(

Just my luck!!

Last edited:
Poor show... I had alot and i mean alot in my basket... Wenr to checkout and couldnt as most bogoffs are out of stock... Poor show

Ugh. Same here. I always think “this year I won’t go nuts”…
This year, again… I went nuts
Got both Anime Ltd. mystery boxes (my wife says they are my Christmas presents, so hope they are good), plus a couple of discounted CEs and a bunch of the random stocking filler/BOGOFs.

Note to anyone else putting BOGOFs in your basket: you can’t apply your 15%/10% discount code to an order that contains them. Buy the rest of your stuff first, use your code, then buy the BOGOFs separately!
Ah that will be why it wasnt working, I was spooked by the sold out titles when I refreshed the page so just went without.

There's a few things that are intriguing me (wolf's rain, escaflowne, eureka seven) but I'm not so strongly interested that I think my wallet may rather not.
I'll wait for CCS to come up and grab Bartender along with it and use my code on that
Yeah I'm the same, what I picked up in my earlier post is my only temptation luckily. I'm on the fence about CCS myself, it's going to be a hot item for sure but I dunno how invested I would be for a rewatch at any point.

For EB's I'm interested in Kaiba and Boogiepop myself :)

As I put on twitter:

Used my 15% code on -

Mochi Market
Blue and Red boxes

Will use my 10% code later for -

Cardcaptor Sakura Preorder
Christmas presents

Seemed the best way to use the 15% code as both boxes sell out fast and the only 2 things I want are CCS and Mochi Market

I'll kick myself if CCS goes up tomorrow with Mochi Market and both boxes still available

But I'd kick myself harder if I waited and Mochi Market sold out

This post will probably get deleted, but anyway...

I get that, I'm not asking to get a £20 item free with a £10 one, but if you're buying two £20 and two £10 items I don't think it's unreasonable to expect one of each to be free, rather than the two cheapest ones.
I mean...you're getting getting something cheaper than it usually is and getting something else completely free. I think complaining about that and calling it "dumb" (when it's just standard practice for absolutely every BOGOF deal I've ever seen anywhere) is kinda unreasonable TBH 😅

This post will probably get deleted, but anyway...

I mean...you're getting getting something cheaper than it usually is and getting something else completely free. I think complaining about that and calling it "dumb" (when it's just standard practice for absolutely every BOGOF deal I've ever seen anywhere) is kinda unreasonable TBH 😅
Hmph.

Agree to disagree?

:p

Is your copy of Michiko and Hachin either the essentials or s.a.v.e. set?

They're the only 2 that seem widely available, if the essentials one is region B compatible I'm deff picking it up...
What is essentials and what does s.a.v.e. set mean?

I have returned from work and will be updating the first post as we speak.

I ordered Bartender and got MEGALOBOX to join my Christmas haul. The films/OVAs I'm after from 2020's EB phase (Children of the Sea, Dragon Dentist, Ride Your Wave) aren't in the sale so they're probably in the mystery box.

Barring any surprises, I think I'll wait until the last day, put CCS, Kaiba and Boogiepop on my cart, slap the 15% code and be done with it. Maybe Megalobox.

In the blog post they teased an ultimate edition being present during the sale. The only ones left are Gundam Seed and B The beginning. If the latter gets to like 40, maybe I'll consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back