Status
Not open for further replies.
At a quick first glance nothing for me this year, although I will take another look later just in case I missed anything.

Really looks like MVM is trying to dump their DVD stock in the sale, lol. I wish there would be a filter for the items in the sale so I only needed to view the Blu-rays, but I went through the list anyway and there's nothing for me in there at all. I'm really only interested in importing Region B Blu-ray Collector's Editions anyway, so the MVM sale is done for me and now I can just concentrate on the Early Bird CEs I want in the AL 12 Days sale. I really wish MVM would do more Collector's Editions than they do.

There was only 1 MVM set I was hoping to see this year as I messed up not buying it last year (Mysteria Friends)... And it isn't in the sale :(

Thankfully after looking around, @SAHO saved the day and had a US copy for sale!

So not really part of the sale... But it was the reason I purchased it.

I'll consider whatever I buy today as an early birthday present (tomorrow) so hopefully Anime Limited have a few sets I'm after before going back into trying to save money lol

Wasn't going to get anything in the sale as I need money for Cardcaptor Sakura and Nichijou (and already got Girlish Number from MVM earlier) but I couldn't say no to Barakamon (it's so hard to find) and all of Twin Star Exorcists for £19.99 (with Barakamon being the free title), now I need to stop myself from spending anything else this year apart from the two big titles.

EDIT: I didn't even realise Claymore was in there, but it's already sold out but for the best I guess for my bank, fingers crossed Funi UK will re-release it in the future.

Couldn't resist at least one of the mystery boxes (red), plus second seasons of a couple of series I had the first of (Love live sunshine and aldnoah zero). I think added with the pile from this morning, I've spent enough.

Dang!! Struck out with AL too!!! This year I bought maybe 5 anime and it's been from Best Buy and Rightstuf. Normally it's closer to 30-40 and $1000+. Maybe I should be thankful? I'm just bummed. No buys from my UK stores. /sadpanda

Well, starting off small so far. From MVM got:
Girls Beyond the Wasteland Collection (Blu-ray)
Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? Collection (Blu-ray)
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Collection - Collector's Edition Combi
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Collection Blu-Ray
None really very expensive but all seemed interesting or are ones I wanted but put off getting, especially with Nozaki-kun.

Waiting a bit on Anime Limited but did cave for Empire of Corpses steelbook, since it's limited stock and I don't want that to sell out by accident if there are only a few left. Saved my 15% voucher though for later in the sale, as right now I'd only save £1.

Dude, I am straight up ashamed of my spending. Jesus H.
Ugh. Same here. I always think “this year I won’t go nuts”…
This year, again… I went nuts
Got both Anime Ltd. mystery boxes (my wife says they are my Christmas presents, so hope they are good), plus a couple of discounted CEs and a bunch of the random stocking filler/BOGOFs.

Note to anyone else putting BOGOFs in your basket: you can’t apply your 15%/10% discount code to an order that contains them. Buy the rest of your stuff first, use your code, then buy the BOGOFs separately!

Current damage

• I wanted Tatami Galaxy and as I didn't spot anything else in the BOGOF section I really wanted I got Twin Star Exorcists out of pity
  • Mind Game rounds out the Yuasa collection for now
  • Full Metal Panic Season 4. I would kick myself for missing out on the CE with the audio drama honestly so had to grab it.

Last edited:
And if there is multiple items in the BOGOF deal you want at multiple prices (ie 2 at £10, 2 at £15) then doing multiple orders makes it cheaper (assuming you are not abroad)

Ugh. Same here. I always think “this year I won’t go nuts”…
This year, again… I went nuts
Got both Anime Ltd. mystery boxes (my wife says they are my Christmas presents, so hope they are good), plus a couple of discounted CEs and a bunch of the random stocking filler/BOGOFs.

Note to anyone else putting BOGOFs in your basket: you can’t apply your 15%/10% discount code to an order that contains them. Buy the rest of your stuff first, use your code, then buy the BOGOFs separately!

Let's try not to think about it... And the EBs aren't even online yet. And we don't know if they'll add stuff during the sale. Oh my lord. I bought the blue box following the logic that Ride Your Wave and Violet Evergarden aren't discounted and both use blue as one of the main colors. My way of telling people I'm dumb without actually telling them I'm dumb. Also, this after telling myself "lol I'm totally not gonna spend money one the boxes". Urgh.

As for your last point, my first order was a mess. I used the code thinking it would apply to eligible items and BOGOF would still work, only it didn't. Also shipping didn't default to the free option, so I paid 11.50. Emailed them about it, hope there's something that can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back