UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I hope the Naruto BDs do sell well in the year 2024.

Compared to Bleach and One Piece, Naruto nowadays isn't the massive money maker as it used to be, although I'm fear that the later fillerish BD sets will be very poor sellers.

The way the filler is set out, you kind of have to buy all the sets if you're getting the CEs. You need up to episode 135 (or up to 142, but you can get away with watching up to 135 and then skipping to the final episode) + the final episode to have all the canon episodes.

So you'll need collector editions up to set 3 (episodes 1-165) + set 4 for the final episode.

As @ussjtrunks says, some standard editions will probably sell less well because of this. If you want to go through a filler-free run with the standard editions, you'd need sets 1 to 5 (1 to 137) and set 8 for the last episode (220).

Sets 6 and 7 will be the big filler sets that will likely sell worse. And if you want to be a completionist and have every bit of canon you'll need episodes 141 and 142 as well, so you'll need set 6. Set 7 is entirely filler.

Last edited:
Amazon UK seem to have also listed the first 4 Naruto standard edition sets (like Zavvi).

HMV also have Naruto set 2 CE available for pre-order. I wonder why Anime Limited haven't also put it up, I want my discount!

I wonder if AL are going live with Naruto set 2 CE at 17:00, because they said pre-orders for set 1 would go live at 17:00 today on their website, but it was put up way earlier this morning. But knowing AL, it's probably just them being disorganised.

Last edited:
Amazon UK seem to have also listed the first 4 Naruto standard edition sets (like Zavvi).

HMV also have Naruto set 2 CE available for pre-order. I wonder why Anime Limited haven't also put it up, I want my discount!

I wonder if AL are going live with Naruto set 2 CE at 17:00, because they said pre-orders for set 1 would go live at 17:00 today on their website, but it was put up way earlier this morning. But knowing AL, it's probably just them being disorganised.
AL almost certainly are going to give them seperate early bird deals so I’d expect it after early bird for part 1 ends

Maybe they know that there will be orders on their site from people knowing it is going to be there and the plans.
Whereas Zavvi is targeting customs who don't know that and want to show it has multiple releases planned.
Still odd they showed it first though.

Maybe they know that there will be orders on their site from people knowing it is going to be there and the plans.
Whereas Zavvi is targeting customs who don't know that and want to show it has multiple releases planned.
Still odd they showed it first though.
Details for set 1 and 2 Collector's and standard edition volumes 1-4 were sent out to all retailers this morning, hence them showing up everywhere including us 👍

One advantage with pre-ordering via Amazon is the money doesn't leave the account until the product is getting ready to be shipped out

Especially as no doubt it will get delayed as everything AL gets delayed ;)

Details for set 1 and 2 Collector's and standard edition volumes 1-4 were sent out to all retailers this morning, hence them showing up everywhere including us 👍

Really? That's especially surprising then if that's sent out on a larger scale yet they haven't posted anything. Bit odd to not show the details but even if they weren't putting it up for order yet.
But if it was sent this morning, perhaps the details for part 2 got finalised this late in comparison to the original post and they just need to catch up on their own site.

Another miscommunication? Anime Limited's marketing email states the EB runs until July 18th:

1720714437525.png

While the product page states the EB deal runs until 8th August:

1720714509525.png

Most people buying the CE will probably do it for completions sake the standards will sell badly
I don't think you fully understand how ridiculously well the Manga DVDs sold, especially with the normies and parents buying for normie children.
As soon as the standard sets drop to £20 - £25 (which they will) they'll sell loads.

Tbh they could have seperate Early Birds just to make sure people dont order them together

And thus dont have to wait 2 months for Part 1 to ship as Anime Limited dont split orders

I've decided to go with standards for Naruto but as I'm in no rush I'll wait and get them in sales down-the-line.

Will likely do the same with Bleach (unless I really like the designs of the CE's). I'll let InuYasha be the one long AL series I keep up with the CE's for (and isn't like they're releasing at a rapid pace anyway).

I've plonked down my money on Naruto. Not actually sure if I'll like the big box, the spine looks a little too busy to the point where it's kind of hard to see the logo, but I'll wait until I see it in person. At the end of the day I could just put the four volumes in it and turn it around so the four individual spines face outward but they're still in a neat box...

Yes, I'm that picky....

I think you should really pay attention to the way they said "miiiiight". I think that means there nit quite sure but a good sign there almost done with committee.

Would be a terrible marketing choice to cock tease people like that if they weren't actually close to revealing something. Better off keeping their mouth shut in that case.

Would be a terrible marketing choice to cock tease people like that if they weren't actually close to revealing something. Better off keeping their mouth shut in that case.
I also wouldn't assume nessariliy its the OG series first, possible that TYBW begins before that. Sounds like approvals have been holding things up.

Back