UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

And only a month after it's released in Japan, which is even more impressive.

That would still be a massive step up from the 16 Godzilla movies that have never had a DVD or blu-ray release in the UK. I hope AL are planning a blu-ray for this one.
I thought there was just 12 in the heisei and millennium era's combined?

Crunchyroll has added the Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club NEXT SKY OVA but to no one's surprise it's unavailable for the UK. Guessing AL took that one too. Their refusal to stream Love Live is ridiculous. The ITV X partnership is right there.
Is it because of Sunrise/Bandai/Namco Bandai?

I thought there was just 12 in the heisei and millennium era's combined?
Those 12 plus Return of Godzilla (which is usually lumped in with the heisei series despite 1984 being the showa era) haven't been released on disc in the UK. Two or three of the heisei movies did get a VHS release in the 90s, but those releases aren't much use to anyone these days. I was also counting the Polygon Pictures CG trilogy that's hasn't had a physical release outside Japan due to being in Netflix jail.

I, for one, am shocked.
futurama-philip-j-fry.gif

Did Penguin Drum TV ever get a standard release?
I think it was only DVD via Kaze and there split up into 2 parts, so that'll be out of print like the CE

Don't think AllTheAnime ever did a standard edition, but it possible they go back after they recently release some other Pengundrium stuff (but could have also lost the licenece for the series)

Welp I guess that ruins my idea of Love Live getting added
I got a reply from their twitter account confirming that some of the shows are being removed, but they also said "we’ll make sure to add others as well!". Whether that actually happens remains to be seen.

Just coming back from Friday mcm (back tomorrow) anime limited had copies of burn the witch because apparently they only just arrived, but those who pre ordered will see them soon.

I noticed a lot of the shows on ITVX are being removed. I guess they were only licensed for a year?
So some of the shows they had removed over the last couple of days seem to be back on the platform now. I've no idea what's going on at ITV, maybe they renewed the deal with Anime Ltd?

Back