UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Postponing premiere dates is one problem, but I have an item that, according to the Anime Ltd store website, was already released on Monday and nothing is happening, support is not responding.

At the moment, I have about 5 blocked orders, each of which always has several items (one of them is 10 from the last sale). I decided to buy it because I could wait until the premiere, but then the date was postponed several times.

In my opinion, sending everything in one package is understandable, but only if you stick to the release date or are just a little late - not a few months. Should these situations be taken into account when placing an order? Ehh... What a year. RighStuff is closed and CR does not ship outside the USA, then it destroys United Publications, and Anime Ltd has constant delays and very extensive ones.

Even if that were to be a factor in the retail price, that’s not the case here:
  • It‘s rather unlikely to be anything more than a BD25 disc at <30mins with no extras. Other releases would span multiple discs and require BD50 dual layers.
  • A quick evaluation of material would be that the CE is the standard Amaray cased product put into a card outer sleeve with a 16 page insert.
  • It’s not like there’s even any art to commission, (assuming outer sleeve uses the same as the JP release, and booklet materials are supplied)
Tell me I’m missing something here, or that 16 page booklet is worth around £15 (’cheap’ pricing £25 CE vs £10) or £25 (srp of both: £40 CE vs £15 )

If you’re just looking at material costs (not licensing), there‘s one heck of a mark-up with anime anyway.
I’ve previously looked up BR pressing companies to see how much more the ‘premium’ digipak packaging costs, and you can fairly well approximate £1 per item for a (pricey) short run with flashy/premium bits, or half that for more basic items. That‘s £3-£4 of material cost at most.
I guess you could infer that the material costs for the CE may be up to double the cost of the ‘standard’. But that doesn’t work either, as the end price difference is more like 2.5x…

In summary: the CE costs more than 2.5x as much as the standard edition. That extra £15-£25 gets you a 16-page leaflet, and an outer slipcover.
Good analysis, the whole point of this CE is to have it on shelves and online market places and lure the uninformed into a silly purchase. Quick cash grab, little to no effect on the company's image as long as the runlength is advertised properly, so the blame can be put on the customer.

It works for me, just tried it.
I heard it's pretty much myself and one other individual on AUKN Discord who's having this issue. It's annoying because I wanted to get the film ordered so that I don't have to worry about it later. Hanners is aware but I don't know if they can fix it on time (got the same error notice again just now).

1697798111837.png

My membership is still active until May and I didn't have any issue ordering MAPPA's show last Thursday so I don't know why its happening now of all things.

Last edited:
Do we know if Digimon Last Kizuna will receive a standard Blu-ray or is it just a collectors edition as I cannot find any websites with the option to pre-order just the standard Blu-ray.

I think that this one:

it was delayed to 27 of October. I see that date on Anime Ltd France.

And only a month after it's released in Japan, which is even more impressive.

Neat, we can expect a nice CE that will come out over a year after pre-orders go up.
That would still be a massive step up from the 16 Godzilla movies that have never had a DVD or blu-ray release in the UK. I hope AL are planning a blu-ray for this one.

That would still be a massive step up from the 16 Godzilla movies that have never had a DVD or blu-ray release in the UK. I hope AL are planning a blu-ray for this one.
I would buy it in 4k myself :)

And you are right. They completey skipped the Heisei era for the UK (and imo the Showa series honestly isn't very good except for the first movie).

Crunchyroll has added the Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club NEXT SKY OVA but to no one's surprise it's unavailable for the UK. Guessing AL took that one too. Their refusal to stream Love Live is ridiculous. The ITV X partnership is right there.

Back