UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Of the titles announced, the one I am definitely getting that I don't already own (CCS) or have pre-ordered on Blu-ray (GbDonglees) is Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1 Part 2 CE, the price point is as expected and I loved the first half of S1 so will def be buying this :) I looked at Levius on MAL and it has 7.2 out of 10 at the time of me posting this, so I'm not ruling it out, particularly as 2 OST CDs are included in the CE, but I'm not entirely sold on it either... keeping in mind that I really do not expect CGI anime to be Nth level perfect looking and generally enjoy CGI as muc as traditional cel animation and digital cel animation, would people here recommend this series, and how is the OST and the English dub? :)

JJK part 2 CE/SE don't seem to have store pages up yet since the links lead to 404. Pre-orders don't open until end of the month anyway but it'd be nice to see the SE cover & what on-disc extras there are. I bought part 1 last year so might as well buy part 2 too even though JJK isn't really a priority series for me.

It is weird that they haven't formally announced Gunbuster - if Andrew had no problem talking about it, they can't be in the middle of negotiations or anything that would prevent them from confirming it. Weird is the world of marketing.

May pre-order Goodbye Don Glees tomorrow as I didn't at Christmas and will of course be ordering JJK Part 2 finally. Levius was a surprise, haven't seen it but has peeked my interest from time to time when browsing Netflix plus two soundtrack CD's though Megalobox is the higher priority boxing anime CE I need to buy from AL still.

Going by that newswire it looks like Ascendance of a Bookworm is delayed. Says date of 27th March on product page but not on the march releases in the newswire.

Screenshot_20230301_184447_Samsung Internet.jpg

On the contrary you did get gundam news, you got gundam seed standard edition news.
Eh, don't really consider budget rereleases news. Good for folks who aren't nutcases like me but it's just stuff already done.

I'm trying to ease off this year. Helped by not being promised a ton of titles that ultimately didn't happen, but between wider stuff going on in my life and the fact the releases have failed to achieve a consistent pattern I've largely just accepted the AL Gundam releases will never be what I as a longterm fan want. We'll get news if we get it but my excitement for a domestic Gundam library has dropped considerably.

I am curious when Pompo will come out, really wanna see that, also hoping we see Free!, One Piece, The House of the Lost on the Cape, Princess Jellyfish, Patlabor and Gunbuster soon as well among other titles though at the same time I'd prefer them to be spread out for my bank accounts sake 😂

So in the end the standard Cardcaptor Sakura isn't going to cost much less than if I'd preordered the special edition, sigh... Was the spec edition worth it?

There wasn't really anything in the CE, just a very thin booklet and the outer box to hold both cases.

Back