UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I actually loved the unique look of the CGI for Ajin and Sidonia - I'd take more of that style anytime! Both of those series are in my Top 10 or 15 favorite anime of all time, too.

Did I quick check and the last AL release I bought was Persona 5 😱 (In my defense their output has been minimal or re-releases).
Also only picked up Lupin the 1st in standard form 🤷‍♂️
I'm generally not against Scanavo cases as it allows for more cover art and less cropping and looks more premium than amaray.
Now if only they'd give their whole standard product line a redesign!

AL inconsistency is strange because sometimes they will have Scanavo and sometimes Amary, then sometimes the Amarys have standard edition artwork and sometime they don't. I guessing they use Scanavo for ones where they can get some complete artwork like in Lupin the firsts case. The same goes for their digipacks sometimes they have the standard AL spine look and then other times its just the artwork. I guess they are limited to what artwork they can use but JJK had complete artwork but they decided to split it up and shove their spine design onto for some reason. Personally I would like to see more Scanavo cases along with more complete digipacks like Black Lagoon or Woman called Fujiko Mine.

Digipaks should never have any markings on them other than the image art, both inside and out - especially the digipaks with a single image spanned across the entire outside. The Planetes CE is another glaring example that really peeved me, to have that elephant's butt and text on the spine floating like a piece of space junk in the spacewalk image on the outside of the digipack. 😖

As for cases, I never really get to see what AL uses in any given release, since almost all of their CE's in my collection are still sealed, lol. In any event, almost any case used in the UK releases are of better quality than those flimsy, super-thin eco-cases they use here in the US a lot of the time.

It's been a few years but I recall I too wasn't much of a fan of Ajin. Very important to keep in mind that both shows were produced eight to nine years ago. Having watched Blame, Human Lost and Estab-Life I can say they've improved a lot since then.

Already watched the first episode of Levius and I'm definitely considering the CE. Their upcoming adaptation of The Idolm@ster: Shiny Colors also looks promising. Definitely up there with Sanzigen and Orange as one of the best CG studios.
Now watched up to episode 4 of Levius. Episode 4 was so damn good it pushed me into getting ordering the CE. Polygon Pictures I kneel

You're receiving this email as you've placed an order for the Ascendance of a Bookworm Collector's Edition from our AllTheAnime.com store.
We're contacting you to let you know that unfortunately the release date of this item has been moved to September 25th, 2023.

Blimey!

I might actually just cancel my pre-order for Bookworm and pre-order the standard edition. It's not like there's much time between CE and Standards now.

You're receiving this email as you've placed an order for the Ascendance of a Bookworm Collector's Edition from our AllTheAnime.com store.
We're contacting you to let you know that unfortunately the release date of this item has been moved to September 25th, 2023.

Blimey!
Damn was gonna post this morning that bookworm and Tower of God were out on 27th and should be getting pack shots and unboxings soon 🤦‍♂️ dang.

Lol, I expected as such, but September? What a delay! Seems I did joke somewhere in a post during the Holiday Sale about receiving the Christmas Early Bird CE sets sometime just before the Christmas 2023 Sale starts, though... Wait - was that one even a Holiday Early Bird order? I think it was... 😝

Last edited:

Blimey!
This is giving me Funimation UK Shomin Sample vibes.

Back