UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Received Summer Ghost CE today & noticed that it didn't come with the bonus item it mentions on the website. Was this a mistake or did AL stealthy remove the bonus item?

Just a update to say I received my set of bookmarks from AL today, which was a surprise as I never got a reply to my message. So if anyone else who ordered the CE wants them, send AL a message and let them know.

20230207_163532.jpg

Whatever happened to the standard editions of Cardcaptor Sakura?
I checked their site and they're still listed as being released in 2 weeks but aren't available to preorder 🤔
Did they forget about them? 😂

Just a update to say I received my set of bookmarks from AL today, which was a surprise as I never got a reply to my message. So if anyone else who ordered the CE wants them, send AL a message and let them know.
Mine also turned up today without prompting so presumably they were just taking their time. So much for improving communication though.

FoeVCDcX0AApKl0

Summer Ghost is up for its Early Bird price again.

Summer Ghost is up for its Early Bird price again.

It boggles the mind that there's a £40 RRP for a 40-minute short. Even super-expensive items like the Pony Canyon US Sound! Euphonium discs didn't work out at a pound per minute!

Seems Anime Limited has the Bleach vinyl up for preorder. I wonder how many copies since the email about it said extremely limited.

I should also consider whether to get it-And it's ordered. I really didn't hesitate it seems...

Yeah, I almost stumped up for this then saw it was only 40 minutes long. Even at the currently reduced price of £25... no.
Manga Video had an almost perfect pricing model for OAVs back in the mid-90s. It started at £6 for half-hour episodes like The Guyver, 45 minutes tended to be £9 for the likes of a Doomed Megalopolis episodes, an hour would be £11 for something like Battle Angel Alita (2x 30 minutes), and feature-length movies were £13. They bumped up some brackets by a pound later on, but it always felt like value for running time; you knew how much you were getting for your money.

The fact that I still remember the exact prices of various anime from the 90s probably explains why I never absorbed much of what I was taught at school at the time...

Manga Video had an almost perfect pricing model for OAVs back in the mid-90s. It started at £6 for half-hour episodes like The Guyver, 45 minutes tended to be £9 for the likes of a Doomed Megalopolis episodes, an hour would be £11 for something like Battle Angel Alita (2x 30 minutes), and feature-length movies were £13. They bumped up some brackets by a pound later on, but it always felt like value for running time; you knew how much you were getting for your money.

The fact that I still remember the exact prices of various anime from the 90s probably explains why I never absorbed much of what I was taught at school at the time...
Well done.
My earliest memory is GITS SAC1.
Bought 4 episodes at a time for about £15. 8 volumes.
Volume 8 was available in a steel tin with a t-shirt. I bought it.
They didn't think to make the tin to fit all volumes, it fits 7. Aaargh.
Put me off special editions for life.

No idea what I paid for anything else before that. Didn't buy any anime until 2015.

As I started reading your post I recalled that they raised the prices by £1 at some point. Then you got to that part. Never have I felt a keener moment of kinship with another forum dweller 🤜🤛

Reminds me of getting the first 6 epsiodes of Giant Robo for 6 quid each. What a bargain. Some of those episodes are 45-50 mins as well (shortest around 35).

Summer Ghost finds itself in the unfortunate position of having a short runtime and being released after AL bumped up the price of films. There's not even a compelling extra like a soundtrack to make the price more palatable. I'd possibly bite at £20 but that extra fiver makes me want to hold out for Xmas.

Back