UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It boggles the mind that there's a £40 RRP for a 40-minute short. Even super-expensive items like the Pony Canyon US Sound! Euphonium discs didn't work out at a pound per minute!
You have to keep in mind that it comes with four little postcards (to be thrown in a drawer and forgotten about), a poster (with lovely lovely fold lines) and a little pamphlet (including the same pictures as the postcards and poster).

If anything, AL are being overly generous with this price. They could easily throw in a sheet of temporary tattoos and a pencil sharpener and charge £70!

Reminds me of getting the first 6 epsiodes of Giant Robo for 6 quid each. What a bargain. Some of those episodes are 45-50 mins as well (shortest around 35).

Even more so when Giant Robo has such stellar animation and fighting sequences 🥵🥵

I was ready to jump on summer ghost.... before seeing the runtime

Crunchy are kind of on the same level with AoT, they're smoking some good scheisse

If anything, AL are being overly generous with this price. They could easily throw in a pencil sharpener and charge £70!

I demand that it be translucent and vanish temporarily, then reappear... after about a month when I find it down the back of the sofa along with 43p in change and a chewing gum wrapper with "beware of the lion" scrawled on it in a leaky pen which I will find in the pocket of my favourite shirt a week after that... or I want my money back :) 👍

It boggles the mind that there's a £40 RRP for a 40-minute short. Even super-expensive items like the Pony Canyon US Sound! Euphonium discs didn't work out at a pound per minute!
Which is still better pricing than JP Blu-Rays.

Bocchi The Rock in Japan will be 6 volumes total, 2 episodes in each volume. The total set with exclusive storage box plus art cards is £291.

I demand that it be translucent and vanish temporarily, then reappear... after about a month when I find it down the back of the sofa along with 43p in change and a chewing gum wrapper with "beware of the lion" scrawled on it in a leaky pen which I will find in the pocket of my favourite shirt a week after that... or I want my money back :) 👍
That's very specific - did that happen to you? 😅

As I started reading your post I recalled that they raised the prices by £1 at some point. Then you got to that part. Never have I felt a keener moment of kinship with another forum dweller 🤜🤛
They could easily throw in a sheet of temporary tattoos and a pencil sharpener and charge £70!
You mean like these ones that came free with the £9 Crying Freeman tapes? 😅
IMG_20230210_225629.jpg

Well, its another 1 less than whatever limited stock they had, as I've ordered a copy to.

I really should get around to getting a vinyl player at some point...
I'd say why buy it without one... but this is my second vinyl that I'm buying without a player for them yet. The last one was Tower of God way back now and my only excuse to not buying one was space issues at the time.

Just filled it in, though after entering my email for the voucher prize draw the screen just went to white with the Social Media symbols - assuming that means it’s submitted?

Just filled it in, though after entering my email for the voucher prize draw the screen just went to white with the Social Media symbols - assuming that means it’s submitted?

Yep, that's it!

And appreciate it's a big survey, but it's a lot of stuff we really want to hear all of your opinions on and it's all important stuff to us!

I filled the survey without realizing the chance to win a gift card was only open to UK & Ireland residents according to the email. The survey did have more options in the "where are you from" question, so would entries like mine that answered "other" be disqualified then...? Oh well, at least I got to give my feedback.

Back