UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Sorry you've been ill, hoping you get better :)

Hope you're doing better, but bed-ridden is the perfect time to binge watch!

Thanks, I am feeling a lot better today, I took today off yet but will be going back to work tomorrow. I was not feeing well enough with my body aches to watch any anime, but I do have an internet radio on my nightstand by my bed that I have a bunch of Old Time Radio Detective Show channels programmed in, from the 1940's and '50's, so I listened to a lot of those instead of watching anime.

Thanks, I am feeling a lot better today, I took today off yet but will be going back to work tomorrow. I was not feeing well enough with my body aches to watch any anime, but I do have an internet radio on my nightstand by my bed that I have a bunch of Old Time Radio Detective Show channels programmed in, from the 1940's and '50's, so I listened to a lot of those instead of watching anime.
Aren't they superb.
Being traditional, I've got them all on MP3 discs.
I'm listening to Mr Moto at the moment.

Take it easy man and hope you feel better still soon

I feel like NIGHT IS SHORT, WALK ON GIRL has been cheaper from Anime Ltd before today's deal of 9.99 on blu... Anyone want to recommend it as a blind buy, not having seen it or Tatami Galaxy before?
I get the feeling it was cheaper as well, but probably during the Xmas sales or offers. Also second @WMD in recommending this - great movie and easily one of his best.

Regarding where Witch From Mercury is going we now have a cast list and it very much looks like a Funi production. I know when Doan's Island was released Stephanie Sheh was implying the NY dubs were now at risk of being discontinued. More seeming evidence Gundam is moving firmly under the Crunchyroll banner.20230202_040911.jpg

I can remember watching Gundam UC 79 on Sunrise's Youtube channel with the Ocean Group voices , then we got NYAV redubbing Seed and Seed Destiny, with the highlight having Johnny Yong Bosch playing a character that Brad Swaile played in the Ocean version (having both Light Yagami's and Lelouch Lamprouge's voices)... Not sure how having CrunchyFuni dubbing will turn out

I feel like NIGHT IS SHORT, WALK ON GIRL has been cheaper from Anime Ltd before today's deal of 9.99 on blu... Anyone want to recommend it as a blind buy, not having seen it or Tatami Galaxy before?
I'm probably too late on this one but I'd say it's a pretty good film though It's been a good couple years since I've seen it so I don't remember if Tatami Galaxy is needed to understand it or not, I'd personally wait and see if it ends up being a fiver later down the line though, maybe during a big sale, as it is just a standard edition and it has been out for a few years; also it's very possible that Tatami Galaxy may also get a discount at that point.

I imagine an announcement for Inu-Oh shouldn’t be too far off once AL get back on track. I’m curious if there will be any word on Demon Slayer’s Mugen Train Arc (TV version) and the Entertainment District Arc as NormanicGrav speculated awhile back. I can’t imagine Crunchyroll would sleep on easy money.

Idle speculation but given the fact Crunchyroll basically terminated Funimation UK and AL have given Witch From Mercury a few nods, I can see a scenario where Anime Limited continues to release Gundam in the UK purely because Crunchyroll doesn't have the logistics here.

Essentially Gundam itself moves firmly under the Crunchyroll banner (including all future dubs produced by the former Funimation) but the UK releases are simply licensing their masters as AL did usually with rightstuf (who are also now Crunchyroll).

Will any of this be the case? Who knows, it's simply my updated speculation based on current facts.

My pre-order of Summer Ghost was dispatched from AOL yesterday. As far as I understand the bookmarks were an All the Anime store exclusive so I'm not expecting them to be included. I mean, not even customers who actually bought it from ATA have received them, so...

Back