UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

This concept of theatrical and home video versions fascinates me; I'm used to seeing nothing but outrage if there are any alterations to the theatrical cut of a film (without it at least being presented alongside).
It's not comparable to a director's cut or something. Director's cut is usually made way after the production has wrapped up, but in anime production often continues after the theatrical or broadcast masters are made. So what you see in theater or broadcast are sometimes unfinished versions that were rushed out in order to hit the release date. This was a thing even in the 80s (e.g. Megazone 23, AKIRA)

Probably just get the films.

Interesting to see them get Crunchyroll stuff with The Tower of God being an "Original" and A Place Further Than the Universe got some funding from them. I can see APFTTU being picked up because Crunchyroll probably wouldn't have bothered with a, on the surface anyway, CGDCT show, but ToG?

It's interesting as it had a standard release already too, which did seem like Crunchyroll might hold onto. Either a deal was in place earlier or they simply didn't want to release a larger version but were willing to licence it out knowing that as an UE it won't steal their market share among more casual viewers.

I for one am hoping we get an answer on a long delayed release. One that has been years coming and upon which the silence of AL is maddening.

I speak of course of only one possible franchise. An influential gem without peer.

When are we getting 4K Rosario Vampire?

Super-excited about Liz & the Bluebird. Despite having the US import, it would definitely be one that I'd want a lovely AL CE of, especially with that lovely artwork from the Japanese CE. Can only hope we can get more Sound Euphonium as others have touched on. And on Yamada's works, if only AL could nick and give their CE treatment to The Heike Story, I shall continue to dream.

I definitely don't need another Eva CE, but loving the minimalist negative-space art design reminiscent of the Japanese versions so am annoyingly tempted...

Think it was a good panel, nice mix of informative and fun questions.

Was surprised my one got fielded so early. Kind of an understandable walk back given the 2022 releases didn't pan out, so dropping 'more false promises' isn't a good idea. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Do have to say, the way they keep name dropping Witch From Mercury...feels like that's implying something.

Also really appreciated the COVID response. As someone with a relative in the NHS working with COVID patients I admire AL's responsibility regarding it. Especially when other companies act like the virus doesn't even exist anymore...

The one thing that frustrates me about AL is they released Persona 5 standards that had fixed disks and won’t give us that bought the collectors edition a fixed disk as a replacement. It’s only 1 disk that is wrong but I assume they expect us to buy the standard release if we want the fix which is a disgrace

The one thing that frustrates me about AL is they released Persona 5 standards that had fixed disks and won’t give us that bought the collectors edition a fixed disk as a replacement. It’s only 1 disk that is wrong but I assume they expect us to buy the standard release if we want the fix which is a disgrace
Looks to be the same with Cyber City. The first episode had terrible artifacting and image glitches that I thought it was faulty until it was posted on these forums.

For what it's worth, I support the interest shown in Kamen Rider. Feels like ever since the success of SSSS.GRIDMAN Japan has been interested in shepherding toku to the West, both legacy and new bridge projects. Kamen Rider has definitely been getting that push recently in America.

The one thing that frustrates me about AL is they released Persona 5 standards that had fixed disks and won’t give us that bought the collector's edition a fixed disk as a replacement. It’s only 1 disk that is wrong but I assume they expect us to buy the standard release if we want the fix which is a disgrace

Completely agree, I think it's disgusting when people who have bought the more expensive CE version can't get a replacement disc, especially if you have ordered from AL's own website. Speaking of replacement discs, I still haven't received my replacement Evangelion disc yet. ☹️

Completely agree, I think it's disgusting when people who have bought the more expensive CE version can't get a replacement disc, especially if you have ordered from AL's own website. Speaking of replacement discs, I still haven't received my replacement Evangelion disc yet. ☹️
It would be nice if a rep from AL could speak out on updates for Persona / Evangelion replacement disks. I know Evangelion has had big issues with them

Back