UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

And some of those have been licensed by rightstuff so it's possible. However there's one gundam film you've not put on that list, the live action film g-saviour, is it bad? No idea not seen it but if your a completionist then maybe you'd want it.

Nice to see SEED Destiny, there was always a thought in the back of my head that if the worst should happen the AL lose the Gundam license it would be really annoying to have only half of SEED on my shelf, despite not really liking Destiny I'm happily going to drop £120 on it at the end of the month.

"Despite not really liking something I'm going to happily drop £120 on it" ... What a weird sentence that is, when you think about it. Looks over at shelf with all the other (mostly) matching boxes on it ... Oh well!

Did they stealth remove the announcement of JJK Part 2 CE?

It's no longer in the blog post. I guess they weren't supposed to announce it this early?

It's no longer in the blog post. I guess they weren't supposed to announce it this early?

Was coming here to say that but it's still mentioned in the MHA vinyl description - maybe they just wanted to reword the box exclusivity thing? What was the release date again? I was gonna check that but poof, it's gone.

Was coming here to say that but it's still mentioned in the MHA vinyl description - maybe they just wanted to reword the box exclusivity thing? What was the release date again? I was gonna check that but poof, it's gone.
It was August. Not sure the exact day, probably the same as Memories, the 29th

I was wondering why it was being mentioned and saw it posted in the Upcoming UK Anime Blu-Ray & DVD Artwork thread as I have only just read the newswire, regardless I'll be picking it up as I have the Part 1 CE and I'm pleased it's getting a box to house both parts in the same vein as Demon Slayer.

Will definitely pre-order Memories on Thursday as well, been wanting to watch this anthology for ages and is only £24.99 before using Anime Unlimited.

If I started buying Gundam when they started releasing I would had kept up and got all the CE and UE releases but at this point I own no Gundam on blu-ray and would be very pricey to go back and pick up all the previous CE's now, I guess it's also a bit of a Godsend because there is a lot of Gundam which would be a lot of money I likely don't have to spare 😂 I do plan to start collecting the standards for Gundam eventually though, may pick some up in the Summer Sale if they're on offer.

And some of those have been licensed by rightstuff so it's possible. However there's one gundam film you've not put on that list, the live action film g-saviour, is it bad? No idea not seen it but if your a completionist then maybe you'd want it.
G Saviour is decent if unremarkable. Personally with the new live action movie in production I'm assuming Sunrise would rather not raise its spectre to modern audiences. For much the same reason they don't bring up The War For Earth:o0519041014757130294.jpg

Nice to see SEED Destiny, there was always a thought in the back of my head that if the worst should happen the AL lose the Gundam license it would be really annoying to have only half of SEED on my shelf, despite not really liking Destiny I'm happily going to drop £120 on it at the end of the month.

"Despite not really liking something I'm going to happily drop £120 on it" ... What a weird sentence that is, when you think about it. Looks over at shelf with all the other (mostly) matching boxes on it ... Oh well!
You literally just described my entire feeling on the release 😂 I'm already too deep! I have no choice!!
20220705_194937.jpg

Also tempted to pick up JJK parts 1 & 2 even if that logo makes it look like a knock off 😳

Ooh, Memories. I watched that years and years ago. A Blockbuster rental IIRC (kids ask your parents).
Would have liked to join in with the simulwatch, but didn't have a copy to hand. Now I, belatedly, put my two penn'orth worth in.

I'll be grabbing SEED Destiny. Hopefully it doesn't have technical issues like the Rightstuf's fixed SEED discs have.

I hope they announce 08th MS Team soon. The sooner they announce it, the sooner I can decide whether to import the English subbed Japanese U.C. Blu-ray Libraries release or not. From what I've seen, Rightstuf's 08th MS Team release is just as bad as their 0083 release (lots of compression artifacts, 2.0 Japanese track downmixed from 5.1).

Got the U.C. Blu-ray Libraries release of 0083 Stardust Memory last week. It's a lot better than the Rightstuf/AL release, but downside is that the extras aren't subtitled.

Regarding defects of GSD Blu-ray release, found this in Blu-ray forum (message 5128) regarding audio loss in the remastered dub track. Not sure if there are more defects or not but at least I don't watch the dub version lol

Link: RightStuf to distribute all of Gundam in North America - Page 257 - Blu-ray Forum

Re: 08th MS Team. I don't mind buying the upcoming hopefully-to-be-released-this-year Blu-ray set as I already have the old Bandai US DVD set. It sucks that the Blu-ray release didn't kept the Japanese 2.0 track (correct me if i'm wrong) as I don't like the updated sound effects in this and 0083 :(

it think someone said earlier that AL acknowledged there lateness with releases by selling a mug or showing a picture of a mug acknowledging it or something? can someone provide a link or something because i want to see this for myself!

Back