UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I agree with what you said.
It's just a first that an all the anime pre release is more expensive on there site, then on another site.
The hmv exclusive is cheaper too.
It looks like AL haven't dropped the price for the SRP the same as they normally would.
Looking at Penguindrum (srp £69.99 AL price £51.99) and even going to Demon Slayer (srp £79.99 AL price £54.99).

As AL have said many times before SRP is not indicative of the actual price as retailers will charge less to suit them, just seems AL has priced higher than everyone else. Possibly in the assumption most people buying direct from them have unlimited or more likely in a bid to drive sales of that. End of the day they're a business!

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon dropped to £45 - £50 at some point if that's how much AoL are charging 🤔

I'll be at Scotland Loves Anime in Edinburgh on the Saturday and Sunday. Bit gutted that Heaven's Feel 3 is during the week, and that the combination of my uni timetable and that of flights/trains won't let me see the Friday ones. But oh well!

Edinburgh times are now available for SLA

Personally gutted about EoE, there’s only 1 showing and it’s at 9pm on a Sunday when train strikes are still ongoing. If you don’t live in Edinburgh it’s damn impractical

We'll have more news on screenings shortly - just wrangling some last details first. But it won't be the only way to see it - just a matter of what and where! More info soon!

Very best,

Andrew

Does look nicer than the CE but for me it would be so much better without that spiel at the bottom (especially the "hmv" bit, defeats the purpose of the lovely negative space design...). Also, the other photos show more busy logos/info, including the AL one, on the spine. Also a shame. Just a nice black o-card with the Nerv and the NGE text in red would be spot on. Okay, pointless ramble over...

Does look nicer than the CE but for me it would be so much better without that spiel at the bottom (especially the "hmv" bit, defeats the purpose of the lovely negative space design...). Also, the other photos show more busy logos/info, including the AL one, on the spine. Also a shame. Just a nice black o-card with the Nerv and the NGE text in red would be spot on. Okay, pointless ramble over...

The HMV spiel bit at the bottom is a sticker that sits on the plastic wrap - so will come off when you open it as a heads up so the front is exactly that - just the NERV logo on front!

Best,

AP

The HMV spiel bit at the bottom is a sticker that sits on the plastic wrap - so will come off when you open it as a heads up so the front is exactly that - just the NERV logo on front!

Best,

AP

Why the decision to add the elephant butt logo on the side? I know that more recent CE's don't have it (it's just a small one on the top which is fine and often not that noticeable).

I know that some of the regular releases still have them, maybe even all the regular releases? and for sure if previous seasons had it, then it would make sense to include it, but this is a fresh release, so I don't think it would be necessary.

Between that and the circle highlighting the age rating, it means I am not really inclined to buy it, even though I actually prefer it to the regular CE artwork otherwise.

Not to make too much of a big deal of it of course, but I don't think the logo is that popular here amongst other people on the forum, especially if it's large/obvious and on the spine.

Between that and the circle highlighting the age rating, it means I am not really inclined to buy it, even though I actually prefer it to the regular CE artwork otherwise.
Just for clarity's sake, did you mean SE? The HMV exclusive is a variant of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Standard Edition rather than the Collector's Edition. 🙂

Is it a minority if everyone is in it with you? :D

To be clear I didn't say I hated the CE as such, but I don't like the price of it for certain, and it is a fairly simple design.

Elephant butt logo is on the spine as well but more subtle than usual at least, although it's not on the spine of any of my other AL CE's as I don't have the older ones where it was common.

Back