UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The problem you'll have being outside the UK is that any replacement they send (from their UK office) may be liable for customs which might add extra costs for you, even if it's just a box. I don't know how much An Post charges in fees but that would be annoying
An Post are actually decent wrt fees having reduced theirs from €10 per package to €3.50 after Brexit.

Anime Limited releases for September 2021 now showing up on Amazon:
(Disclaimer: Links are affiliated - Also SamFlam and Gundam NT of all things have some stuff swapped around so I believe the listing I used above is correct hopefully)

The remaining batch:
(Disclaimer: Links are affiliated - SamFlam and Gundam NT listings were fixed)

Thank you WDM and Vincendante! The dubs doesn't matter to me since I always watch anime only as subbed (I live in Finland and NGE was shown with the original Japanese dub here so the ADV dub means nothing to me) and I came to the conclusion that all the extra stuff like the art cards, paperweight etc. don't really have any value to me so I cancelled my order for the Ultimate Edition and went for the Standard Edition. I just want to own the tv anime and The End of Evangelion movie, I have no need for anything else.

Last edited:
Thank you WDM and Vincendante! The dubs doesn't matter to me since I always watch anime only as subbed (I live in Finland and NGE was shown with the original Japanese dub here so the ADV dub means nothing to me) and I came to the conclusion that all the extra stuff like the cards, paperweight etc. don't really have any value to me so I cancelled my order for the Ultimate Edition and went for the Standard Edition. I just want to own tv anime and The End of Evangelion movie, I have no need for anything else.
That's fair enough. Just so you know though there are 2 different sets of English subs. The original subs and the newer Netflix subs. The SE will only have the newer version of the subs. I havent seen them but there are people who dislike them. Instead of saying The Third Child it will say The Third Children which is simply bad English but Khara insisted on it for whatever reason. There are also other changes from how it was originally presented but others would have to elaborate.

That's fair enough. Just so you know though there are 2 different sets of English subs. The original subs and the newer Netflix subs. The SE will only have the newer version of the subs. I havent seen them but there are people who dislike them. Instead of saying The Third Child it will say The Third Children which is simply bad English but Khara insisted on it for whatever reason. There are also other changes from how it was originally presented but others would have to elaborate.
I am only familiar with SubTV's (the Finnish channel which showed NGE in Finland back in the days) subs and the Netflix's Finnish subs.

I did some googling and apparently there are THREE DIFFERENT SETS of subtitles by ADV. Which one of them is used for Ultimate?

Last edited:
I am only familiar with SubTV's (the Finnish channel which showed the NGE in Finland back in the days) subs and the Netflix's Finnish subs.

I did some googling and apparently there are THREE DIFFERENT SETS of subtitles by ADV. Which one of them is used for Ultimate?
Whichever one has the directors cuts included I'm guessing though I dont really know what the differences are between them. @Neil.T is more likely to know about it.

I did some googling and apparently there are THREE DIFFERENT SETS of subtitles by ADV.
What was your source for that, dude?

I'm guessing that the three different sets would be for the original, Director's Cut (episodes 21 to 24 only) and Platinum releases respectively, but I'm not entirely sure of that. 🤔

I've never actually seen the Platinum version myself, you see.

What was your source for that, dude?

I'm guessing that the three different sets would be for the original, Director's Cut (episodes 21 to 24 only) and Platinum releases respectively, but I'm not entirely sure of that. 🤔

I've never actually seen the Platinum version myself, you see.
I definitely recall at least two different subtitle translations for the ADV release, as the first version had Kaworu's "like" then the later editions had "love" which I presume is the Platinum DVDs. If I had to take a guess what translation would be used on the Blu-ray releases it would be the Platinum release.

Well this sucks. Backed the 2020 SLA crowdfunder but the magazine never arrived. Sent an email last week and just now been notified nothing can be done until next year at earliest due to COVID restrictions.

Don't want to put anyone at risk over bound paper but why do I always have the worst luck?

I wish someone had the nerve to tell Khara outright that their english is terrible and they look foolish for thinking it isn't. Such bluntness is the only way to get through to something so stubborn.

Back