UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That original Mobile Suit Gundam box is still one of the best looking blu-ray sets I've ever seen. A little weird that Cucuruz Doan is on it given that his episode isn't included but oh well.
It's one of those designs that makes me wish I could be more consistently optimistic about AL's Gundam releases. I've been buying Gundam releases for half my life (ow) and that is easily one of the nicest Gundam boxes I've ever owned.

I really like the look of most of the AL Gundam sets. Not to be contrarian, but the original is probably my least favourite of the lot; I much preferred the look of the Italian set.

Speaking of, I see that Dynit in Italy are releasing a nice looking edition of Sunrise/Tomino's Invincible Superman Zambot 3. I would so love AL to release it here; there's only 23 episodes too so not the BBFC headache that might be caused by Daitarn 3 or Space Runaway Ideon or Combat Mecha Xabungle...

For the curious, looked at my Japanese SEED HD sets from a few years back. Volume one is 3 Blu-rays in a foldout case with a transparent plastic sleeve. The booklet contains a map of the Archangel's route in the set, character and mecha profiles, highlights of the new animation shots and a look at the history of SEED Gunpla.

The later Destiny sets included drama CDs, with the booklets housing pictures to go along with their stories. There were also a few extra booklets along the way, like this Blu-ray case sized Destiny one that collects all the cover art for the DVDs, SEs, HDs and various promotional art from the original run.
wbx9zqs.jpg

Is Screen Anime only showing trailers for everyone else or did my sneaky plan to sign up for the trail to get 2 films in over the 2 different periods not work?

Will just have to pay for a month to watch it otherwise. I have seen all the other films (and even have 2 of the 3 physical), but I haven't seen them for a while so will take the opportunity to do so.

Is Screen Anime only showing trailers for everyone else or did my sneaky plan to sign up for the trail to get 2 films in over the 2 different periods not work?

Will just have to pay for a month to watch it otherwise. I have seen all the other films (and even have 2 of the 3 physical), but I haven't seen them for a while so will take the opportunity to do so.
Yeah, seems to be trailers for the new content going up today. It will probably refresh later.

They refresh the content every 25th of each month so it wouldn't surprise me if they had removed the films from the previous line-up at 9am BST or something.

So looking at the US Gundam Seed UE do people think/want what looks like 6 slim Amaray cases or would you prefer normal sized ones that hold multiple discs for less over all cases? I don't we would get those horrid full-fat Amaray cases that break the moment you open them.

So looking at the US Gundam Seed UE do people think/want what looks like 6 slim Amaray cases or would you prefer normal sized ones that hold multiple discs for less over all cases? I don't we would get those horrid full-fat Amaray cases that break the moment you open them.
I think it'll be regular (14mm) cases. The slim & fat ones give off a 'cheap' appearance and if you're charging a premium price and calling it an Ultimate Edition it needs to look it.
I can see it mirroring the complete Wing & 00 releases, four cases in two boxes inside another box.
Honestly I'd be fine with that. If they completely changed up the aesthetic now and it didn't match the previous releases I think it'd put off a lot of people.

I want as much art as possible please. And I do think it would be 3 cases due to Part 1, Part 2 of the BD. Films and Original SDBD.

It's going to be 3 Amaray cases:
  • SEED HD Remaster Part 1 - 5 Blu-ray discs
  • SEED HD Remaster Part 2 - 5 Blu-ray discs
  • SEED Original & SEED Special Edition - 3 SD Blu-ray discs (2 for TV, 1 for films)
Packaging wise I expect it to be the same size as Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie Trilogy if they just want a box solely for the cases. It'll probably be the size of 00's Deluxe box if they want to include the rest.

I have been super excited about pre-ordering Gundam Seed UE tomorrow.
But an order I didn't expect to charge now have charge and now I don't have enough funds for Gundam Seed UE.
It's the worst scenario possible. Is there any way to pre-order without AL charging me upfront, but charging when it's ready to ship?

But an order I didn't expect to charge now have charge and now I don't have enough funds for Gundam Seed UE.
It's the worst scenario possible. Is there any way to pre-order without AL charging me upfront, but charging when it's ready to ship?
i think paypal offer a buy now pay up to 6 months later thing but i have no idea if you have to have their credit card stuff to do it

I don't know if there is any other method, but the Early Bird for the Ultimate Edition will be available for 2 weeks rather than the usual 1 week - so Friday 28th August until Thursday 10th September.

i think paypal offer a buy now pay up to 6 months later thing but i have no idea if you have to have their credit card stuff to do it

I don't know either. I am not interested in signing up for a whole bunch of things to make a pre-order:) But thanks for the suggestion.

I don't know if there is any other method, but the Early Bird for the Ultimate Edition will be available for 2 weeks rather than the usual 1 week - so Friday 28th August until Thursday 10th September.

I do get paid next week. But I fear it will sell out before the Weekend is over.

PNG screenshots from the GKIDS / Anime Limited Weathering with You BD: Weathering with You – Blu-ray Screenshots

Toho BD screenshots for comparison sake:

I don't know how the HighDefDiscNews caps were taken, so I used bilinear chroma upscaling to play safe. Colors are slightly different but I don't know if that's because of their screencapping method or just something that's inherrent to the GKIDS BD.

GKIDS BD looks pretty good to me. I haven't checked if the encoding is better than the Toho BD, but the GKIDS BD does have more detail in some shots because no low-pass filtering was used.

GKIDS BD
32szNqR.png

Toho BD
jpxo64R.png

Back