UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It's worth noting that Discotek Media have acquired both 1001 Nights and Cleopatra. 1001 Nights is more notable for including the long-lost International English dub.

Wouldn't those be region locked though? Perhaps that doesn't matter to Robin91 but for me that would effectively remove them as an option, even if owning the English dub for purely "historical" reasons would be nice.

Is Ride Your Wave likely to get released here before the end of the year (seeing as the US release was a couple of weeks ago and its streaming on Screen Anime)?

Is Ride Your Wave likely to get released here before the end of the year (seeing as the US release was a couple of weeks ago and its streaming on Screen Anime)?
Very likely yes. I reckon it'll be an early bird this Friday.

On another note, my estimations on which titles AL will put out by the end of the year:
  • Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution
  • Bartender
  • Birthday Wonderland
  • Children of the Sea
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1
  • 1 more Gundam that's not Gundam SEED (probably F-91)
  • KONOSUBA: God's Blessing in this Wonderful World! Season 2
  • Millennium Actress (Hanners at Metaverse panel says it may reach 2020 goal)
  • The Promised Neverland Season 1
  • Ride Your Wave
  • Sword Art Online Alicization Part 1
  • Tamako Market & Love Story
  • Violet Evergarden (Hanners on Discord says it may reach 2020 goal)

Very likely yes. I reckon it'll be an early bird this Friday.

On another note, my estimations on which titles AL will put out by the end of the year:
  • Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution
  • Bartender
  • Birthday Wonderland
  • Children of the Sea
  • Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1
  • 1 more Gundam that's not Gundam SEED (probably F-91)
  • KONOSUBA: God's Blessing in this Wonderful World! Season 2
  • Millennium Actress (Hanners at Metaverse panel says it may reach 2020 goal)
  • Ride Your Wave
  • Tamako Market & Love Story
  • Violet Evergarden (Hanners on Discord says it may reach 2020 goal)
Gotta say, out of your estimate list theres really not a lot I'd jump at if an early bird popped up... any Gundam releases obviously (I'm invested now, haven't missed one), KonoSuba s2, and probably Demon Slayer as it'll be a big seller so would be better to get sooner rather than later. Maybe SAO depending what they do with it....

Looking at Manga's Q4 it really does show how much the Funi buyout demolished the acquisition game in the UK...

From the list for me it would be Demon Slayer, Ride Your Wave (it was good), Code Geass, Gundam (so long as it's UC or an AU I enjoy) and probably Konosuba 2.

Out of Gravs list I really want to buy all of them exept maybe Eureka Seven.

I still need to watch my UE from the xmas sale lol. Gurren Lagann is what I'm currently going through.

Out of Grav's list I want Konosuba (since S1 is only out in October, I'm not sure I see S2 happening this year), SAO and Violet Evergarden for sure. Maybe Promised Neverland and Demon Slayer depending on the sets/how much cash I have at the time.

Since we're all playing this game I would most definitely get of the provided list

Children of the Sea
Bartender
Millennium Actress
(if it's released this year obviously)

The rest doesn't feel like stuff I "must" have, though I might pick up one or two on impulse.

Really Lining up 2021 for More Classic TV Anime assuming thats where Inuyasha and Cardcaptor Sakura go with Eva. Hope folks have that half a grand for it.

From the list I’m curious about any Gundam, Bartender, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1, Konosuba S2, Tamako Market + Love Story, The Promised Neverland and Violet Evergarden.

FMP IV and Planetes, as @Azar mentioned, I’m also interested in to see how they turn out.

Last edited:
Most of the series I've heard of are streaming/already watched.
Already have the 2 Tamako's on import.
So it's just the films Birthday Wonderland, Children of the Sea, Ride Your Wave and an upgrade from DVD for Millennium Actress.

Still patiently waiting for Violet Evergarden, Bartender, and Planetes - hopefully all in at least a CE. All three will be immediate buys for me. After such a long wait for Violet Evergarden, it really should get a UE release...

I have AL's first Hi Evolution CE set, so I will probably end up getting Anemone, even if it isn't the greatest thing.

These I already have the US releases, or are on order:
  • Children of the Sea
  • Millennium Actress
  • Ride Your Wave

Last edited:
Back