UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hey @anime_andrew if you're still around, is there a chance that in 2021 there could be a regular collector's edition box for the HD Remaster only set?

I mention it because:
  1. We don't know how fast this set could sell. For myself, I have to wait a few more days before I can order it and if I lose out, that would be frustrating.
  2. Some Gundam UK collector's might not have the money to afford the Ultimate Edition, and if the only plan afterwards is just standard edition Blu-rays in 2021, that's going to end up with inconsistency for those who were hoping for a middle ground.

Hey @anime_andrew if you're still around, is there a chance that in 2021 there could be a regular collector's edition box for the HD Remaster only set?

I mention it because:
  1. We don't know how fast this set could sell. For myself, I have to wait a few more days before I can order it and if I lose out, that would be frustrating.
  2. Some Gundam UK collector's might not have the money to afford the Ultimate Edition, and if the only plan afterwards is just standard edition Blu-rays in 2021, that's going to end up with inconsistency for those who were hoping for a middle ground.

In terms of quantity: We are super lucky on this project to be working well ahead of print dates but thanks to the discs being identical to the US ones (just coded to B, not A). This means that at this stage - if you preorder on Day 1 of the Early Bird or the last day of it, you will definitely get a copy.I'll also make sure there are more than enough to last out til Christmas there on it so you have no reason to worry. It doesn't always work this way but with Gundam we've learned demand can spike so we're making sure everyone who wants one via our site is catered to.

So TL;DR: If you want to take advantage of the Early Bird but are worried it'll sell out before you get paid - don't be worried. If you pre-order within the Early Bird period you will get a copy and it won't go out of stock beforehand :).

Re an HD Collector's Set: The key point of this set is if you want all things Gundam Seed - this is your chance to do so. So like with TRSI, the SD-BD version and the films won't be released separately. We've not got a firm decision yet on if there'll be a Rigid Box + Part 1 release of the HD remaster but it's not impossible and we're listening :). Whatever the case the release dates will most likely be synched up to when the US releases standard versions though which are not set yet,

AP

I don't have any interest in an SD-BD of the original Seed version but would love the usual box+blu rays of Seed

Not against SD-BD of titles with no HD master btw, if it's something you'd ever consist. (dvd subtitles look terrible on hd screens don't they and an SD-BD would solve that)

I've stuck in an order for Seed but will decide later if I wanna keep it, that extra £50 for a bunch of things I don't care about stings. Hopefully they've decided if they're doing their normal style release for the show by the time this comes out as I'd cancel and get that instead for sure.

My nerd is pricking seeing it spelt 'Gundam Seed' because SEED is an acronym (Superior Evolutionary Element Destined Factor).

Everything in SEED is an acronym.

"Welp, guess I missed out on Weathering With You."
Sneaky AL late night tweet: "Last chance for Weathering With You!"
Z3Fg434.gif

Back