UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Another one just in case I get lucky and catch someone. Given how you guys gave us Ballroom (which I am highly thankful for, love the show) is it possible to throw down interest for other Amazon title's like Wotakoi, Banana Fish & Vinland Saga please. I mention as 1) I want em! & 2) I've wondered if its likely as they seem to be harder/take longer to aquire? MVM's Scums WIsh is the only other Amazon title I can think of recieving a western release.

I'd also love to see Wotakoi get a release here in the UK, it was such a great show!

Kokkoku too and After The Rain has been licensed by Sentai.
There are a bunch of other western releases of Amazon Shows:
Dororo - Animoon Germany
Welcome to the Ballroom - Anime Limited (+ Kazé Germany)
Dive - Sentai
Scums' Wish - Sentai + MVM (+ Nipponart Germany)
Great Passage - Discotek
Battery - Discotek
Sinbad Trilogy - Kazé Germany
Ronja - Gkids + Studiocanal + Madman (+ Universum Germany)

Banana Fish & Vinland Saga
Yep and with proper English dubs. By that I mean authentic with New Yorkers (and a EDIT 2 Japanese VAs with good English) for Banana Fish and English, Danish, French and Welsh accents (no Yanks pretending) for Vinland. You could also have a super authentic one for Vinland Saga with Anglo-Saxon, Norse, Old French and Welsh!
Might have to do a Kickstarter for these, I'd pay into it.
Both have scenes which are weird in the Japanese dub and take you out of the moment. For example in Banana Fish Eiji teaches Ash some Japanese but he's been fluent since the moment we met him! And in Vinland Saga Thorfinn is looked after by an Anglo-Saxon, but they don't understand each other which adds to the tradegy that follows, except they're both speaking Japanese so that is lost.

Last edited:
Nobody owns the rights on those UK-side, it's the licensor itself putting them up there :)! But I am super interested in all things The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, it's the series that brought me back to Lupin after Cagliostro actually so I'd be very on for something with them. Nothing to talk about at this moment though!

Best,

AP
Am actually a huge Lupin fan myself, so more Lupin is always good.

xhAOQF4.jpg

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 goes off the stage until 15th June 2020.
Nooooo !

Kokkoku too and After The Rain has been licensed by Sentai.

Ah yeah! Oops.

There are a bunch of other western releases of Amazon Shows:
Dororo - Animoon Germany
Welcome to the Ballroom - Anime Limited (+ Kazé Germany)
Dive - Sentai
Scums' Wish - Sentai + MVM (+ Nipponart Germany)
Great Passage - Discotek
Battery - Discotek
Sinbad Trilogy - Kazé Germany
Ronja - Gkids + Studiocanal + Madman (+ Universum Germany)

Welp. Think I need to keep up with non-uk releases. It's nice to see Great Passage there.

Any chance of getting the dirty pair licensed for the uk because there a complete boxset out in Japan on blue ray.
I'm thinking that Nozomi will probably do this because they currently have the rights to all of DP and might sublicense it. In any event I'd be all over it from day 1!!

Early Bird - £24.99 - PROMARE (Collector's Edition Blu-ray) - 29th June 2020

Collector's Edition includes:
  • Original Soundtrack by Sawano Hiroyuki (the OST replaces the DVD version in this set for those curious)
  • 52-page booklet
  • 128-page Script Book
  • A 30x45cm poster
  • A PROME POLIS decal sticker

"The set will come packed in a rigid case with an embossed element to it – a first for one of our products"

I'm intrigued. 🤔

Early Bird - £24.99 - PROMARE (Collector's Edition Blu-ray) - 29th June 2020

Collector's Edition includes:
  • Original Soundtrack by Sawano Hiroyuki (the OST replaces the DVD version in this set for those curious)
  • 52-page booklet
  • 128-page Script Book
  • A 30x45cm poster
  • A PROME POLIS decal sticker

Is this the same edition that MVM is selling on their site? Because I ordered that collectors edition and I want the OST :D

Is this the same edition that MVM is selling on their site? Because I ordered that collectors edition and I want the OST :D
Yep, all retailers will have the same version. Jeremy even emailed me to state that lol.
We wanted to reach out to you to confirm that this product is Blu-ray only and will not have a DVD disc included. But there will be the Original CD Soundtrack included. You can read the full details on our blog.

Back