SOLOMON! I HAVE RETURNED!!
You're probably out of luck. For a decade I used to import Gundam Ace every month because it was reasonably affordable. For the first few years the issues came with surprisingly decent goodies, including several keychains based on the Gundam-san parody manga. This Char is one of them, I just removed the keychain and use him in photos (a riff on a trend I've seen Japanese fans do).I would like to know where I can get a Gundam-san of my own lol
That's some really good news I would saySure thing:
Please understand that we're working hard to clear all our backlog so you'll see a wave of titles this year that speak to that (Dragon Dentist, Love Live Sunshine Season 2, Utena, Cardcaptor Sakura, Plastic Memories, Konosuba, Ajin Season 2, Violet Evergarden, Full Metal Panic S4, Megalobox, B the Beginning) as well as a raft of new titles like Weathering With You, Promare, Sword Art Online Season 3, Birthday Wonderland and loads of Gundam! we have a few yet to be announced projects left in the bag for this year too !
- Cyber City Oedo 808: Still ongoing - this one has no glorious assets like Perfect Blue did so restoring it to a better quality is pretty painful work really. It's not forgotten and is still moving - just slowly.
- High School Fleet: This one isn't moving currently. This is going to be a turbulent year for independents like us and sadly we need to focus on what we know is going to make back costs sooner (as BBFC cost, authoring and packaging are not cheap as upfront costs). Sadly a Blu-Ray release of High School Fleet is not on that list sadly - as while there are fans it's likely to take a lot longer to make back the costs than initial pre-orders. I'd really hoped to get this out this year but at this stage I'd not hold your breath (never say never though...)
- InuYasha (Season 1): Ongoing - Season 1 on BD isn't out until July last I checked in the USA so we won't be able to go out until after that . But it's on our 2020 slate so we'll update when we're ready .
- Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler: Ongoing - access to language assets is slowing things somewhat here - will keep folks updated though!
- Magic Knight Rayearth: Spent a fair while clearing assets for this one - but it's on-going and moving so stay tuned . We had some fun assets to chase down for it.
- MEGALOBOX: Ongoing - we'll have news on this one pretty soon so stay tuned .
- Sword Art Online: Alicization: This one is ongoing and will be following roughly same trajectory as Madman - we'll have more on that soon but expect it in Q3.
- The poor soul that is Turn-A Gundam: Long may it remain tormented. This one we really want to do - but because it's a different structure of deal to normal, things work a bit differently to normal. It remains on the agenda but given the heavy costs associated with releasing it via BBFC it's a bit further up the queue for Gundam. Realistically I'd say not 2020 for it, but 2021 is a confident shot. Rest assured though we do have plenty of Gundam in 2020 for you though!
- We Rent Tsukumogami: Like High School Fleet, it's not moving just now and would love to do something but given lack of any movement Stateside with a licensee too and this being the first time anyone has followed up on it, it's likely to hang tight this year I am afraid.
Unfortunately that does leave a few titles we wanted to get out this year as a matter of a priority a bit further out than we'd like and while we were at the start of the year on-track to clear our whole backlog out - that just isn't going to be practical now given the shift in resources in the current climate. It's as frustrating for us as it is for y'all too but we're thankful right now for managing a much more consistent flow of content this year and we continue to adjust when we announce titles to keep that gap between announcement and release shorter than in the past .
As a licensee we are only able to use what has been cleared for international rights and when it comes to Welcome to the Ballroom it's worth pointing out we used every single asset we were able to get ahold of.I kinda hope it’s not the new company either after lazy lazy Ballroom with no extras and subs copied from amazon
It'll probably stay at around that price or the EB price lowest until earliest of December 2021 - which would be the first time it qualifes for a Christmas sale there. It's not really one of those titles that moving the price will see a crazy uptick of sales - it was a labour of love for us so if you missed the EB - you'll be seeing it expensive for at least 18 months now...Yeah it’s why I haven’t got part 2 yet as I can’t see it being expensive for long.
Nobody owns the rights on those UK-side, it's the licensor itself putting them up there ! But I am super interested in all things The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, it's the series that brought me back to Lupin after Cagliostro actually so I'd be very on for something with them. Nothing to talk about at this moment though!So maybe a question for Andrew or maybe a question someone with better knowledge of licensing than me can answer.
While going through Amazon video the other day I noticed a few Lupin the 3rd movies available to stream or purchase: (all HD, dubbed & subbed)
Goemon's Blood Spray
So my question is who owns the rights? Someone must have licensed them in this country and any chance of AL sub licensing from them?
Also found it here, it's definitely stuff we'd look to revise assuming we're allowed (can't see why not but you never know!) Hang tight and we'll definitely be looking into it .in regards to CCS. I've brought up with hanners if they could fix the issues with NISAs subtitles.
I'd have a hard time wanting to rebuy the show if those subtitles are still present.
Chances are pretty likely on Castlevania S2 sooner rather than later and not bad for March S2, just a case of not the right time at the moment here.Btw. Any chances for Castlevania S2/Sound! Euphonium S2 or March Comes in Like a Lion S2?
Why do the subs cut off the titles for some episodes when dialogue happens. Amazon WAS the reason but why was it kept?As a licensee we are only able to use what has been cleared for international rights and when it comes to Welcome to the Ballroom it's worth pointing out we used every single asset we were able to get ahold of.
It remains the only version of the series out there in the world so to call it lazy isn't exactly reasonable as like all our releases, a lot of work goes into getting them out the door . If it doesn't have what you personally wanted on it I can understand frustration though and I'm more than happy to hear what would have changed your mind on it in terms of extras (personally I'd have loved to get the dance classes included on the JP sets, but as you can guess they were not cleared for international use alas )?
Depends on the materials available really - but we'd like to do something nice for it ideally! Within reason given the long run of the series mind you. All hinges on what assets we get, so we'll see...Out of interest @anime_andrew what are the plans regarding InuYasha? Are you planning on replicating the standard edition Viz release or aiming to give it a CE release of sorts? I imagine with the potential of multiple sets for this series coming out over time that this could affect such a decision.
Thank you for your insight, I look forward to seeing how this project develops!Depends on the materials available really - but we'd like to do something nice for it ideally! Within reason given the long run of the series mind you. All hinges on what assets we get, so we'll see...
Any chance of getting the dirty pair licensed for the uk because there a complete boxset out in Japan on blue ray.Depends on the materials available really - but we'd like to do something nice for it ideally! Within reason given the long run of the series mind you. All hinges on what assets we get, so we'll see...