UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

At this point, I don't even know if I'm just spamming this thread (if so, my apologies), but I had to get in contact with Norton Support on Twitter, as I still couldn't get access to the All The Anime website with the Chrome extension. I had to go on Norton's support website to submit information, and thankfully, as a result, the All The Anime website is officially marked as "safe" again.

I've heard that Norton Chrome extension causing no end of trouble now they're forcing people into installing it to get rid of the at risk warnings. If you're on Windows 10 I'd advise getting rid of it completely - the built in security stuff is actually pretty good these days and third party AV often interferes with the normal operation of the OS.

Watched the first Reco movie. It's not perfect but it is good.

To me the best Gundam compilations are the original trilogy and I think those work because MSG arguably has a lot of filler you can cut and retain the core story. The problem is that later Gundam shows aren't quite that padded and so cutting things down to 2 or 3 movies just doesn't work, especially not for new audiences. Reco is getting 5 so there's room to breathe.

The worst of it is where they've just kept stuff direct from the TV show. That's still as awkward as it was in 2014. But now there's a lot more exposition and look into character's heads. This isn't always good (sometimes it's that very Gundam compilation thing of 'we're going to cut to a character summing up a cut episode in 10 seconds so we don't have to show it) but a lot of it makes things flow better.
One of my criticisms of Bell originally was he seemed to have no real angst over events. Here, they make the thing with him killing Cahill much more of a focus. It's not just a lukewarm grudge Aida carries. We also get a few other things spelt out. There was a scene in the TV show where Maddy tells 'Mask' she's a Kuntala too and it was always vague if she was serious or just supporting her boyfriend. Here, we get dialogue earlier about how yes she is. Mask/Luin likewise is given a bit more of an introduction so he doesn't come off quite so random/wannabe Char.

If you want to give Reco a fresh shot but were turned off by the show, the movies might just save it for you. You can tell they actually listened to the criticism. Hopefully AL gets to do a domestic release when they're completed.

I've heard that Norton Chrome extension causing no end of trouble now they're forcing people into installing it to get rid of the at risk warnings. If you're on Windows 10 I'd advise getting rid of it completely - the built in security stuff is actually pretty good these days and third party AV often interferes with the normal operation of the OS.

I'm indeed on Windows 10. I might consider getting something other than Norton, once my Norton Internet Security expires.

Right, back on topic! Testament of Sister New Devil (Season 1) CE has been officially out of print not long ago. Testament of Sister New Devil BURST CE was already out of print not long before that.

Is Testament of Sister any good? MAL just has it down as a generic Harem anime but I'm curious as to why it is getting a new CE if that's the case. Then again Kings Game is getting a CE and I have heard nothing but bad things about that.

Is Testament of Sister any good? MAL just has it down as a generic Harem anime but I'm curious as to why it is getting a new CE if that's the case. Then again Kings Game is getting a CE and I have heard nothing but bad things about that.
I thought it was a fun watch. Storywise its generic, but it executes it much better than the other battle harem series with the exception of High School DxD. It's sequel OVA is garbage though. Not sure why they thought it needed to be 60 min of hentai.

Is anyone else still waiting for Funi 12 Days stuff?

I don’t really want to pester AL (and I’m in no rush to watch the stuff I ordered), but I’m getting a bit concerned my order might have been missed somehow.

I don’t really want to pester AL (and I’m in no rush to watch the stuff I ordered), but I’m getting a bit concerned my order might have been missed somehow.
All orders have not been shipped yet, check the Christmas sale thread for progress.

Yeah I am still waiting on an order made at the start of jan. Can see it going on until the end of march to be honest.

For those wondering about their Funi order, just keep an eye on the Contact Us page. It's where you can see which days have been completed. I suspect Days 15 onwards should be much smaller than the earlier ones (at least until January).

Hopefully, AL will bring Konosuba in BD this year.
Discotek Media are releasing it soon in the US.
Am also low-keying on a potential Kimagure Orange Road UK release.

Back