UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

unfortunately they blow trumpets. Which is neither interesting, or sexy (unless you got some really really weird fetish)

I personally don't like sol.
I would say the KyoAni stuff i love Free, Sound are more dramas Liz is for sure. The ones I dislike more Maid Dragon, Chuuni etc are the SoL and also the ones getting licensed and released here.

Definitely wouldn't strictly class as SOL. Yes it follows the day to day life of girls in a band, but definitely not in a CGDCT kind of way.
It takes it's subject matter more seriously than that, so I'd say it's more akin to a sports anime than a SOL.

We need to invent SoL sub genres because SoL is far too broad and pretty meaningless these days.

CGDCT SoL - K-On, Yuri Yuri
Comedy SoL - Saiki K, GTO, Nichijou
Drama SoL - Sound Euphonium, Rakugo
Episodic SoL - Violet Evergarden, Master Keaton
Relaxing SoL - Aria, Yuru Camp
Romance SoL - Emma, Toradora
Supernatural SoL - Mushishi, Natsume, Magus Bride
Working SoL - Great Passage, Space Brothers, Shirobako

I know some of these could go in multiple categories but you get the idea.

I feel like slice of life is not really supposed to be about anything, it's just about daily life, so shows like Non Non Biyori.

If it's got a central theme like music band, swimming team, making anime etc., is it still slice of life?

I feel like slice of life is not really supposed to be about anything, it's just about daily life, so shows like Non Non Biyori.

If it's got a central theme like music band, swimming team, making anime etc., is it still slice of life?
I guess it depends on how much the show focuses on that central theme. Something like Haikyu is almost entirely about volleyball so is a sports anime. But something like K-on is about the girls lives and how they interact with one another more than about them being in a band. They spend more time drinking tea than playing music!

I have no plans for either of these, as I already have the Eureka Seven Ultimate Edition, and as for Testament of Sister New Devil, that's a try-before-you-buy, as I've read a lot of negative things about it, especially BURST.

EDIT: And I've just removed the Chrome extension, as it keeps changing its mind about whether or not the website is safe (even then, it still says it has zero threats).

EDIT 2: I had to re-add the Norton Chrome extension, as the Norton Internet Security stated that my computer was at risk without it.

Last edited:
should've held off on the christmas sale on Eureka Seven, it's only a fiver cheaper but i wouldn't mind that box to put both of them in

edit: ok it's £15 cheaper because of the email code

A collection for Testament is odd to see but I already have the previous separate releases anyway, I thought maybe it could have been a release for the Departures ova similar to how we have the Jack and Pinto ova's for Tokyo Ghoul

I got the UE in the Christmas sale and don't regret it. It's a nice set at the discount price.

New Devil is an unknown to me but it getting a complete set does make me curious to look into it.

At this point, I don't even know if I'm just spamming this thread (if so, my apologies), but I had to get in contact with Norton Support on Twitter, as I still couldn't get access to the All The Anime website with the Chrome extension. I had to go on Norton's support website to submit information, and thankfully, as a result, the All The Anime website is officially marked as "safe" again.

Back