UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Received my 'A Silent Voice' vinyl today. It's a very gorgeous product, but I feel that the belly band could have been better. The belly band on mine was held together with a poorly placed sticker, which when removed left behind some nasty glue residue. While I was able to remove the residue, I can still see where the glue was under a light. I would prefer a belly band made of sturdier cardboard that's glued together.

Anyway, now I have to acquire a record player someday since I don't have one.

Received my 'A Silent Voice' vinyl today. It's a very gorgeous product, but I feel that the belly band could have been better. The belly band on mine was held together with a poorly placed sticker, which when removed left behind some nasty glue residue. While I was able to remove the residue, I can still see where the glue was under a light. I would prefer a belly band made of sturdier cardboard that's glued together.

Anyway, now I have to acquire a record player someday since I don't have one.
Confused, you took the sticker holding the band together off? Or it was placed so badly it had stuck to the sleeve?

Got mine today too, it's just as good as the FLCL release (in that it's amazing) and I'm thoroughly thankful that someone is putting them out at this quality.

I didn't have a problem with the band, but like you said; it does seem like a unique way of securing it, not sure I've seen it done like this before. LP info that I end up with normally comes in the form of an obi strip or glued like you mentioned.

Confused, you took the sticker holding the band together off? Or it was placed so badly it had stuck to the sleeve?
The sticker was not applied properly onto the belly band, so the ends of the belly band were misaligned and part of the sticker was exposed to the air, which could attract dust over time. I decided to remove the sticker so that I could store the belly band elsewhere.

What the hell is one of those. Never heard of it, at least in terms of vinyl. But then again it is probably about 30 years since I played one!
It's that thing that's wrapped around the box
FUn1FUE.jpg

Netfix just increased their price to $12.99 per month - I only watch 2 or 3 anime per year on Netflix, and I would have dropped that service long ago except my mom and my two daughters use my account to watch a lot of movies and series

I got sick of netflix constantly hiking their prices in the UK so I cancelled my subscription until I read that it's easy to use a vpn to get netflix cheaper. Now I'm paying in Turkish Lira and, even with bank charges for currency conversion, it's a good deal cheaper per month.
They didn't mind me having a uk registered card or address & the content is based on your current location so once vpn is off it's your native service.

Is this an UK thing?
US, no HBO here.

Yeah, sorry, I'm one of the few active forum members located in the US on here, so many of my posts are going to be related to anime on that side of the Atlantic, lol. I do like being on here though to keep up-to-date on UK anime on Blu-ray, because I like to import a lot of your CE and UE anime releases - especially from AL because of their use of digipaks. 👍

Last edited:
We won't be using Sony DADC for order fulfilment this year.

Shipping regulations will be identical to last year's sale.

But last years AL shipped outside UK and IE.
So AL will be shipping outside UK and IE this years aswell?

Then why did anime andrew not post that?

Andrew quoted Normanic Grav's post wich states "I'm expecting the usual layout - UK & IE only, Days 1 to 11 covering various titles while Day 12 is the mystery box. Since they are not using Sony DADC the situation last year shouldn't be repeated this time around."

Andrew quoted that post and flat out wrote "Absolutely correct."

If AL is shipping to the same countries as last year, I'm happy since my country is among those countries. But it would have been nice if Andrew posted that little tidbit of info, because I did think there for a while that AL had thrown in the towel towards the intl. customers considering Andrew's answer to Grav's post.

Back