UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

hoping if AL is starting to pick up Viz titles they can pick up the Jojo series next, Manga printed the first part in a small number and it fell oop before i had a chance to even get it and it doesn't seem like they're gonna bother with printing anymore copies or picking anymore of the series up
Manga are only allowed to release the titles in a volume agreed upon by Kaze, who have a history of crap like this.

They released 1,000 UK copies of P4A parts 1 & 2 then only released 200 copies of part 3.

Cardcaptor Sakura better use the 4K scan. Yes, it’s filtered, but a huge improvement over the older one used on the NISA BDs.
And hopefully they utilize MediaOCD more for compression and authoring, as they’re the only consistently good company for it that AL have used.

Cardcaptor Sakura better use the 4K scan. Yes, it’s filtered, but a huge improvement over the older one used on the NISA BDs.
And hopefully they utilize MediaOCD more for compression and authoring, as they’re the only consistently good company for it that AL have used.

I'm hoping that they don't use NISA's subtitle translation, as that is the biggest deal breaker for me, considering that Cardcaptor Sakura is one of my favourite anime series.

For CCS, I'm more interested in the movies than anything else considering I've already bought the French version. But if they come up with a reaaaaally nice release, I may be tempted.

I like Cardcaptor Sakura, but it's hard to say if I'll pick this up. The Cardcaptors dub is edited and thus unsuitable and I'm not a fan of the Animax dub. It could be years before Anime Limited release theirs and in that time, Funimation could acquire the series and do a new dub like with Escaflowne, but they'll use the same voice actors as their Clear Card dub, which I wasn't impressed by.

Then again, a release containing a pair of cases/digipaks that resemble the Clow Book and Sakura Book would be excellant.

Would like to say a thank you to AL for the Anime Guest of Honour panel today. Was probably the best one I've seen. Was both fun and informative.

Also went to my first comic con signing which was really nice.

Definitely a solid panel, lots of fun. My interview went well too. Immediately trains didn't make me late this time.

I do wish we had something for Gundam's 40th but Bandai seem to banking on Dragon Ball for the UK instead. Most of the stuff they're doing for Gundam in US they're doing for DB at MCM.

Found the KyoAni tribute. It was a wall people could write messages on...which caused 2 problems.

1. People writing generic 'lol I was here' and other crap.

2. People using it as a lunch area.

It's a monument to a massacre. This couldn't have been a bit better planned?

Found the KyoAni tribute. It was a wall people could write messages on...which caused 2 problems.

1. People writing generic 'lol I was here' and other crap.

2. People using it as a lunch area.

It's a monument to a massacre. This couldn't have been a bit better planned?
I understand the sentiment, but...

It's like anything that relies on human decency, most people will be respectful, some people will let you down. But I don't think there's a lot of point dwelling on the few who do.

Last edited:
will also say re the discount code bear in mind that was confirmed last year that gundam is not getting any extra discounts i think re 12 days of xmas sale i think.
Yeah, they confirmed that they can't discount the Sunrise released Gundam stuff due to the distribution agreement. Stuff they've licenced themselves like G Reco is fair game though.

Back