UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Jon O Fun

Straw Hat Pirate
Can't help but notice they're all Anime limited titles... apart from Cardcaptor Sakura and Inuyasha.
Did someone just spoil a Comicon announcement? 😂
Screenshot_20191025-132622_Facebook.jpg

Oldmario

Student Council President
Can't help but notice they're all Anime limited titles... apart from Cardcaptor Sakura and Inuyasha.
Did someone just spoil a Comicon announcement? 😂
i wonder if they're retroactive licenses, somewhere in the back of my mind i remember some uk tv channel having one of them on at some point and i can't remember if it's channel 4 or not

D1tchd1gger

Time-Traveller
i wonder if they're retroactive licenses, somewhere in the back of my mind i remember some uk tv channel having one of them on at some point and i can't remember if it's channel 4 or not
Some of them were on VICELAND. I saw Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne on Anime Central about 10-12 years ago (my posts from my first stint here were mainly on the thread about that and the Manga Force Collection).

Oldmario

Some of them were on VICELAND. I saw Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne on Anime Central about 10-12 years ago (my posts from my first stint here were mainly on the thread about that and the Manga Force Collection).
i think Anime Central and its sad downfall was what brought me here all those years ago under a different username which i lost access to but i forgot how much of a trainwreck Manga Force got, i think it was something like 50 issues originally and then it kept moving up so i gave up on it around 55ish

Jon O Fun

Straw Hat Pirate
If AL have licensed Inuyasha that's great but a bit surprising they'd go for that over Ranma 1/2 or Hunter x Hunter....

You'd think HxH would be an easy sell now all Naruto is out.

Azar

Thousand Master
Im pretty sure InuYasha is way more popular than Ranma 1/2 unless the latter has a big UK following I'm unaware of.

Darren Skippings

Brigade Leader
considering Inu yasha was released in the UK previously, albeit the first 12 eps on DVD, I doubt much has changed in fan numbers since, it will be interesting to see what they are going to do with it, (no books) if they try a CE for it, I can see it doing badly as before, also depends if BD, since Viz has just announced BD in the US, so wait and see

Oldmario

Im pretty sure InuYasha is way more popular than Ranma 1/2 unless the latter has a big UK following I'm unaware of.
it's one of those weird things that some how people who don't even watch anime will bring up when you talk about older animated shows