UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

They are popular and if the theory that people will pay for the shorter sets the ovas make sense.
I loved Turn a after watching Unicorn so If al released it now would be up to where I was when I watched it.
I do really want to see After War so can’t wait for the eventual BD. 0080 already on preorder as I haven’t seen it yet.

As for OVAs- the only one I hold as a priority is 0080 because in 3 hours I think it sells Gundam very strongly. Most of the UC sidestories are superfluous in my opinion.

A couple of weeks ago I showed War in the Pocket to someone that hadn't seen any Gundam previously and I think it succeeded in being a perfect introduction.

To be honest, Turn A made no sense to me at the time they originally announced it. It's not a Kamen Rider Decade-style tour of the franchise thus far but it does kinda require a bit more experience with Gundam to click. I mean its original purpose was to bookend Gundam after 20 years.
I was under the impression Turn A was a stand alone series

Some understanding would be better (as with most spinoff shows tbh) but not necessary. A series you can jump into without having to worry what order to watch 300+ episodes prior

Well, in theory, releasing the OVA series and films such as 0080, 0083, F-91, MS-IGLOO etc., should be much easier because it would only be in one set rather than multiple compared to the big shows like Zeta, ZZ, Wing, 00 etc. Therefore being much more accessible and in one way cheaper to purchase and own.

I was under the impression Turn A was a stand alone series

Some understanding would be better (as with most spinoff shows tbh) but not necessary. A series you can jump into without having to worry what order to watch 300+ episodes prior
Turn A is a stand alone story, but it contains suits from other series and references pretty much every Gundam before it.

Well, in theory, releasing the OVA series and films such as 0080, 0083, F-91, MS-IGLOO etc., should be much easier because it would only be in one set rather than multiple compared to the big shows like Zeta, ZZ, Wing, 00 etc. Therefore being much more accessible and in one way cheaper to purchase and own.
Well most do require the one year war as a background so does Thunderbolt. 0083 requires Zeta too to know what it leads to

I maintain 0083 is pointless as a prequel to Zeta. There had just been a massive war that nearly wiped out mankind. I assume that would be enough of an excuse to form the Titans.

0083 just kinda exists to sell Gunpla. Not helped by
all its retconned elements being scrapped from the records at the end.

I maintain 0083 is pointless as a prequel to Zeta. There had just been a massive war that nearly wiped out mankind. I assume that would be enough of an excuse to form the Titans.

0083 just kinda exists to sell Gunpla. Not helped by
all its retconned elements being scrapped from the records at the end.
I've always thought the same about Starust Memory, it's an ok show (although certainly the weakest of the UC OVAs) but it was unnecessary to retcon in a dramatic event to explain the creation of The Titans.

At this point, I'm only sticking with the AL Gundam releases because of the purdy rigid boxes, but it's becoming very tempting to switch over to the US/JP releases.

I have already pre-ordered the Japanese 0083 re-issue with English subtitles. If AL were to release 0083, they would probably use the Nozomi discs which don't have the original Japanese audio.

I wish they'd put more focus on the stuff they licensed years ago like Dragons Dentist and Plastic Memories
PlaMem was licensed like, five years ago, and you're still waiting on them giving you the video materials?
Dragon Dentist is one that I feel like I'm still actively waiting for. I just really hope it hasn't been abandoned. 🤞

Plastic Memories is a series I might've seriously looked at if it had actually come out four, three or maybe even two years ago. I can't see myself bothering with it now, though. Which is a shame, really. 😕

I've looked on the "Titles Nearly Out-of-Print" section, which includes the Kiznaiver CE with the Bonus Artbook (added on the same day as the now out-of-print Gundam: Char's Counterattack CE), and I've noticed that the Grimgar CE (which was added on the 18th June, according to the website) is not even there. In fact, the SE isn't listed on the website either.

Seeing as it survived the Funimation culling back in April, I wonder what it's down to.

Amazon has finally added those recent Gundam titles. Including Origin 1-4 standard edition.

Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin: Chronicle of Char and Sayla aka Origin 1-4 (Standard Edition Blu-ray)
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Part 1 (Blu-ray with Collector's Box)

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

I've looked on the "Titles Nearly Out-of-Print" section, which includes the Kiznaiver CE with the Bonus Artbook (added on the same day as the now out-of-print Gundam: Char's Counterattack CE), and I've noticed that the Grimgar CE (which was added on the 18th June, according to the website) is not even there. In fact, the SE isn't listed on the website either.

Seeing as it survived the Funimation culling back in April, I wonder what it's down to.
I guess it is technically a Funimation release, but their logo was nowhere to be seen on the packaging. The Anime Ltd release, while matching the French set, does use Funimation's master.

Is there any difference how Anime Limited has made their SAO GGO and Mirai disks? Every time I try and play one of these disks it flashes up with a black screen then goes back to the "Play" disk screen on PowerDVD.

I suspected it could be a AACS error so manually updated to the newest version of Power DVD without any luck. I'll check my PS3 what I havent updated in years to see if its a AACS ver. thats not been picked up by PowerDVD yet Works fine on a few year out of date PS3

Kizumonogatari Pt 1 and P2, Fireworks are the newest titles I've checked, but given the player a check with a handful of other sets

Last edited:
Is there any difference how Anime Limited has made their SAO GGO and Mirai disks? Every time I try and play one of these disks it flashes up with a black screen then goes back to the "Play" disk screen on PowerDVD.

I suspected it could be a AACS error so manually updated to the newest version of Power DVD without any luck. I'll check my PS3 what I havent updated in years to see if its a AACS ver. thats not been picked up by PowerDVD yet

Kizumonogatari Pt 1 and P2, Fireworks are the newest titles I've checked, but given the player a check with a handful of other sets
I'm probably stating what you already knew but I know Gun Gale Online uses the same method as March comes in like a Lion where they are basically Aniplex of America masters. While Mirai is a UK authored release presumably from the same person who handled Amanchu!, Code Geass, and Silver Spoon. Unless they messed around with the files I wonder what's causing the weird player issues like the GGO menu being bizarre for some folks.

I was going to buy Silver Spoon at some point so I'll see if that does the same thing

While not an issue as I can just watch them on a console rather than PC, just seems weird. Last (and only IIRC) time this happened was with Daft Punk

Back