UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So basically whoever handled Welcome to the Ballroom simply copy/pasted the translation from Amazon and didn't bother to go over and redo it?

That's what it seems to look like. It's rather lazy to be honest. If I'm correct, I don't think Kokkoku and MVM's release of Scum's Wish had those issues, but then again, they were Sentai authors.

That's what it seems to look like. It's rather lazy to be honest. If I'm correct, I don't think Kokkoku and MVM's release of Scum's Wish had those issues, but then again, they were Sentai authors.
Indeed. Not to mention Mirai doesn't have the on-disc extras whereas the other territories including France do, which is another case.

Indeed. Not to mention Mirai doesn't have the on-disc extras whereas the other territories including France do, which is another case.

Although Mirai didn't have any subtitle issues if I'm correct, and it's one of the fewest recent UK authored releases that doesn't have locked subtitles. I don't know who authored Mirai though, as it doesn't seem to be the same authoring house that did the other recent UK authored releases.

Although Mirai didn't have any subtitle issues if I'm correct, and it's one of the fewest recent UK authored releases that doesn't have locked subtitles. I don't know who authored Mirai though, as it doesn't seem to be the same authoring house that did the other recent UK authored releases.
So the brightness is correct?

Wing part 1 has a release date 26th August
I hope we get UCE news because im not buying it without knowing what the UCE is.

Last edited:
So the implication here is that if you want
Wing part 1 has a release date 26th August
I hope we get UCE news because im not buying it without knowing what the UCE is.

I hope we get news too, but didn't they say something about being able to buy this version now and somehow upgrading to the UCE later, like you'd get sent the additional stuff later?

It's nice, but I could have done without the logo on the front. Both this and CCA have the logo, but previous releases do not.

Looking forward to rewatching Wing, my first Gundam. Actually the second Gundam because when Wing started airing in the Netherlands, the TV station decided to air Endless Waltz first, leaving viewers confused.

I hope we get news too, but didn't they say something about being able to buy this version now and somehow upgrading to the UCE later, like you'd get sent the additional stuff later?

Yep, we already touched on this in our Summer of Gundam launch post (and there was a lot in there, so I can understand why folk missed it!) - the plan is that you'll be able to buy the Part 1 and Part 2 Collector's Edition sets of Gundam Wing as they're released, and then we'll be offering up a Shop Exclusive release of Endless Waltz that will allow you to "complete" the set.

Yep, we already touched on this in our Summer of Gundam launch post (and there was a lot in there, so I can understand why folk missed it!) - the plan is that you'll be able to buy the Part 1 and Part 2 Collector's Edition sets of Gundam Wing as they're released, and then we'll be offering up a Shop Exclusive release of Endless Waltz that will allow you to "complete" the set.
Correct me on this but is there a version of the Deluxe Edition for those who went for the Collector's Editions of Gundam Wing Parts 1, 2 & Endless Waltz early? I mean, then again the Deluxe Edition (assuming it's going to match the Nozomi release; to recap that was the 180-page Artbook, 10 Art Cards (5 large, 5 small), 3 Posters and a 5-piece metal pin set, as well as a bonus BD disc featuring Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama and On-Disc Extras; Toonami English Credits, Japanese Interviews, Otakon 2017 Sunrise Gundam panel) is probably just the Artbook.

Correct me on this but is there a version of the Deluxe Edition for those who went for the Collector's Editions of Gundam Wing Parts 1, 2 & Endless Waltz early?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying - you can order each component as it comes around and you'll have the whole thing in terms of our release. :)

I mean, then again the Deluxe Edition (assuming it's going to match the Nozomi release; to recap that was the 180-page Artbook, 10 Art Cards (5 large, 5 small), 3 Posters and a 5-piece metal pin set, as well as a bonus BD disc featuring Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama and On-Disc Extras; Toonami English Credits, Japanese Interviews, Otakon 2017 Sunrise Gundam panel) is probably just the Artbook.

I should note here that we aren't looking to replicate the US release, but we're currently looking at what we can put together at a price point that makes sense for the market here.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying - you can order each component as it comes around and you'll have the whole thing in terms of our release. :)
That's neat. In the worst case scenario I can always make sure that I keep the Gundam Boxes consistent if I can't get the Deluxe.

I should note here that we aren't looking to replicate the US release, but we're currently looking at what we can put together at a price point that makes sense for the market here.
I'm not expecting a complete replica either, but out of the extras, I would say the best ones to prioritise is an Artbook (either your own version or the same one) and the Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama/various other on-disc extras Blu-ray disc. Thankfully Gundam 00 and G Gundam didn't do this sneaky tactic so the other Deluxe Editions that you may plan won't lose out on on-disc content.

I’ll very likely go the DE route so I’m looking forward to seeing what AL have to offer in that regard.

Back