UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

And unless you see every film it seems not worth it.

That's my point. Make it worth it by turning it into a proper little trip rather than it being just about about the anime. Any film you do see and enjoy becomes a bonus :)

I mean, you can't exactly host a big cultural event in the middle of nowhere, it has to go somewhere with decent infrastructure and links. People are inevitably going to have to travel some distance. I get that there are costs, but you can save money over time for these things, and you're not exactly rooted to the spot - trains and other transport links are available :)

And very mixed on anime films most are romancey crap.
Maybe you just need to boost your repertoire a wee bit. I get that we all like what we like; heck there are some things in @Neil.T 's collection I really don't have interest in, but I've opened to the idea of certain things more now :)

Even if you don't like every aspect of a film you see, you might come away appreciating certain elements!

Last edited by a moderator:
Next year could be the year I go as HF III, Evangelion 4 and Free 2020 but sadly all franchise films will SLA also doesnt like.
Evangelions 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 were all part of the 2013 SLA line-up, dude. 🤨

And the first Heaven's Feel film got a screening. And Dragonball Z: Resurrection F. And Boruto. And Attack on Titan. And My Hero Academia.

These are all franchise films.

EDIT: And Gundam Thunderbolt

@anime_andrew Please tell me the people who ruined Perfect Blue in its "remaster" aren't working on Cyber City Odeo.... if so, then I'm out. I'd love to get it, but after seeing the disappointing PB release, I'm more cautious than ever.

From what I heard (I don't own the release) the actual remaster was done by a French studio.
And we know what it mean in general...

Didn't Justin Sevakis author Perfect Blue?

He did, but he took the materials he was given and encoded it to disc. His encode was flawless, but it was of a terrible remaster done in France, wiping away the grain/DNR, and applying some edge enhancement. Now, in that case, it doesn't matter if even mp3dom did the compression- the master is bad.

Speaking as a provincial I'm happy to see anyone, anywhere put on anime events outside of London.
I get why but it’s insulting oh look the UK premier in Scotland. And they love to ignore Wales well that’s scotland.
A big thing why the "Tour" annoyed me for Penguin Highway is it didnt even go to wales. It was just wow maybe we will get that the other festival but nope not at the tour AL promoted.

Last edited:
That's geography, sadly. London is generally seen as the centre of the UK so most events get held in it, assuming they get held here at all. There's apparently going to be a Dragon Ball World Tour event covering Asia, US and Europe. 2 European stops, both of them on the continent.

I've never been to SLA myself mostly due to cost and logistics. I'd love to both as a cinema/animation fan and to cover it for the site but it just hasn't worked out that way.

On the other hand, I do MCM every May and October and hear people complain they miss out on guests, screenings, etc there.

I actually think Anime Limited and the other companies try really hard to address this in the UK. I remember the early 2000s when UK fans were lucky if an anime got a DVD release, never mind film festivals, art exhibits, guests, etc.

Back