UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

thedoctor2016

Shrine Maiden
My issues with SLA Specifically
It being Mid October is big issue for me currently being a student.
It is very expensive for me £400 at least I guess.
I dont want to confirm until the film schedule is out which seems too late as people are already booking take last year I wanted to se Liz and the blue bird and it wasn't there.
And unless you see every film it seems not worth it. And very mixed on anime films most are romancey crap.

Next year could be the year I go as HF III, Evangelion 4 and Free 2020 but sadly all franchise films will SLA also doesnt like.

Last edited:

~AyaMachi~

Flame Haze
And unless you see every film it seems not worth it.
That's my point. Make it worth it by turning it into a proper little trip rather than it being just about about the anime. Any film you do see and enjoy becomes a bonus :)

I mean, you can't exactly host a big cultural event in the middle of nowhere, it has to go somewhere with decent infrastructure and links. People are inevitably going to have to travel some distance. I get that there are costs, but you can save money over time for these things, and you're not exactly rooted to the spot - trains and other transport links are available :)

And very mixed on anime films most are romancey crap.
Maybe you just need to boost your repertoire a wee bit. I get that we all like what we like; heck there are some things in @Neil.T 's collection I really don't have interest in, but I've opened to the idea of certain things more now :)

Even if you don't like every aspect of a film you see, you might come away appreciating certain elements!

Last edited:

Neil.T

Guild Member
Next year could be the year I go as HF III, Evangelion 4 and Free 2020 but sadly all franchise films will SLA also doesnt like.
Evangelions 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 were all part of the 2013 SLA line-up, dude. 🤨

And the first Heaven's Feel film got a screening. And Dragonball Z: Resurrection F. And Boruto. And Attack on Titan. And My Hero Academia.

These are all franchise films.

EDIT: And Gundam Thunderbolt

Professor Who

School Idol
@anime_andrew Please tell me the people who ruined Perfect Blue in its "remaster" aren't working on Cyber City Odeo.... if so, then I'm out. I'd love to get it, but after seeing the disappointing PB release, I'm more cautious than ever.

Iluvatar

Student Council President
From what I heard (I don't own the release) the actual remaster was done by a French studio.
And we know what it mean in general...

Professor Who

School Idol
Didn't Justin Sevakis author Perfect Blue?
He did, but he took the materials he was given and encoded it to disc. His encode was flawless, but it was of a terrible remaster done in France, wiping away the grain/DNR, and applying some edge enhancement. Now, in that case, it doesn't matter if even mp3dom did the compression- the master is bad.

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
That would be unfair. I hope £40 if they charge the discount price for it on its own that would be cheeky.
I would suspect being released in one book (rather than three parts like the original) and also in hardcover would probably affect the price tag.

thedoctor2016

Shrine Maiden
Speaking as a provincial I'm happy to see anyone, anywhere put on anime events outside of London.
I get why but it’s insulting oh look the UK premier in Scotland. And they love to ignore Wales well that’s scotland.
A big thing why the "Tour" annoyed me for Penguin Highway is it didnt even go to wales. It was just wow maybe we will get that the other festival but nope not at the tour AL promoted.

Last edited: