UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I don’t like their weird aversion to Franchises and therefore franchise films.
And ofc the lack of shinkai is weird very weird or saying films will be in cinemas and then aren’t.
Penguin highway where?
Have a funny feeling the Houskai’s director film will follow that pattern.

Uh the place I go to that did the tour literally didn’t show penguin highway because the Japanese live action films are higher demand that says enough really.
This year AL has shown zero films... and I bet we will get just one of these two this year. Still surprised no Shinkai license.

Last edited:
There we go, Kakegurui signed print now up on a nice bit of wall space.

J11Kxpr.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the Penguin Highway wide theatrical release was cancelled due to the fact that the JPBD would already have been out by then which would have hurt it.

Yet there is no fan sub.... so they were wrong. They shouldn’t promise “Q1” then not deliver. Two years in a row. Eureka Seven then this
They DID deliver. Just not on the scale that some entitled "fans" want. Limited theatrical is still theatrical. If you cared as much as you're making out, you would've travelled to an SLA or Touring Film Programme screening.

Oh yes I’ll travel and spend hundreds of pounds for stuff I can get cheaper later on. Thats why I wait I got Haikara-San cheap, already got HF, got HF II coming and Penguin highway in August. And all for less than what cost of SLA would be... and I can rewatch them for no more money.
And I could see Liz and the blue bird which SLA did not provide.
And AL not getting it in Bristol one of the largest cities in the UK is quite a big failure.... they told me their anime did well there while Cardiff got the lowest...

Oh yes I’ll travel and spend hundreds of pounds for stuff I can get cheaper later on. Thats why I wait I got Haikara-San cheap, already got HF, got HF II coming and Penguin highway in August. And all for less than what cost of SLA would be... and I can rewatch them for no more money.
And I could see Liz and the blue bird which SLA did not provide.
And AL not getting it in Bristol one of the largest cities in the UK is quite a big failure.... they told me their anime did well there while Cardiff got the lowest...
Exactly, you can get it cheaper later on. And no-one is stopping you, not I and not AL, so stop whining and bitching that it's not available right next to you, dirt cheap, as soon as physically possible and just wait for whichever region's release you're importing.

And while you do that, I'll join hundreds of other fans in going to SLA each year to enjoy watching a bunch of anime on the big screen that won't necessarily be viable/possible elsewhere in the UK.

Oh I think it would work elsewhere in Britain and better places. London would be way better and more fitting. They call it Scotland loves anime for a reason it’s meant to show off Scotland.

They're a Scottish company. Given they run around trying to cover the UK as a whole, forgive them for holding an elaborate festival somewhere closer.
Incorrect. Scotland loves animation is a charity formed before AL. It’s technically got nothing to do with AL bar People like Andrew being involved with both, you notice they partner with AL, it’s not ran by AL.
I bet if MVM did something In Wales people would be livid.

Last edited:
Does Wales not have Kotatsu? I mean, just as an example, @Neil.T asked me if I fancied meeting up there once so, it goes to show that he was willing to travel all the way from Scotland to either Mid/South Wales. I'm not suggesting everyone has the means, but, you can travel to these places and make it into a mini-break (take in the sites etc...).

My issues with SLA Specifically
It being Mid October is big issue for me currently being a student.
It is very expensive for me £400 at least I guess.
I dont want to confirm until the film schedule is out which seems too late as people are already booking take last year I wanted to se Liz and the blue bird and it wasn't there.
And unless you see every film it seems not worth it. And very mixed on anime films most are romancey crap.

Next year could be the year I go as HF III, Evangelion 4 and Free 2020 but sadly all franchise films will SLA also doesnt like.

Last edited:
Back