UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

A checklist of sorts for Q2 2019 (April, May & June 2019), because I love reminding folks about things.

Revealed and scheduled:
  • Castlevania - Season 1
  • Perfect Blue - Ultimate Edition
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - Part 2
A hybrid of the two:
  • Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms
  • Mirai
Mentioned in the blog post:
  • B: The Beginning - Season 1
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie 2: Transgression
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie 3: Glorification
  • Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
  • Plastic Memories - Part 1
  • Silver Spoon - Season 1
  • Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online - Part 1
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re - Part 1
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 2
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 3
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 4
  • Welcome to the Ballroom - Part 1
A reminder:
  • Lupin the Third Part IV - English Dubbed/Italian Broadcast/Toonami Broadcast Version

:eek: My wallet isn't just weeping it's screaming in pain now that you've reminded me about all of these, 13 of which I want and I've only ordered and paid for 3 of them so far.

The Re:ZERO - Part 2 set looks lovely.
The artbox is a beautiful touch as well.
Easy pre-order for me.

Great news on replacement discs for Part 1 as well.
When I saw FUNimation were offering replacements I did hope AL would do the same.

if Re:Zero is getting replacement discs i wonder if there's any chances of Assassination Classroom season 2 getting the treatment in the future, some of high contrast scenes look really bad

A checklist of sorts for Q2 2019 (April, May & June 2019), because I love reminding folks about things.

Revealed and scheduled:
  • Castlevania - Season 1
  • Perfect Blue - Ultimate Edition
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - Part 2
A hybrid of the two:
  • Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms
  • Mirai
Mentioned in the blog post:
  • B: The Beginning - Season 1
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie 2: Transgression
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie 3: Glorification
  • Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
  • Plastic Memories - Part 1
  • Silver Spoon - Season 1
  • Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online - Part 1
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re - Part 1
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 2
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 3
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Part 4
  • Welcome to the Ballroom - Part 1
A reminder:
  • Lupin the Third Part IV - English Dubbed/Italian Broadcast/Toonami Broadcast Version
Wish Cyber City Oedo 808 was in the pipeline...eager to re-watch that.

Wish Cyber City Oedo 808 was in the pipeline...eager to re-watch that.
If I had to make a guess. AL are probably waiting on Discotek because this OVA series is one of those titles that fits the US distributor's catalog of retro rescues from the 80s-90s era of Manga (for instance they have FOTNS, Violence Jack, Devilman etc.). While AL have confirmed the UK dub, if Discotek gets the license as well then they'll get every version of the audio tracks possible (Wicked City as an example has both the US dub and the UK dub) - which would effectively make the UK release worse in terms of content.

Really sorry if my next post comes across as rude, not my intention

I'm at a mix with that Perfect Blue set... ~~Although thinking about it, my opinions are not limited to just this release~~

While I can't fault this set as an item. Its well put together, thought has been put into packaging/shipping and while I dont like including disks with books like that, I understand why they have done it

But untranslated storyboards (esp in book form like this) aren't something I'm all that interested in, I'd rather buy 300 pages of character, background and prop sketches.

This is maybe a question for its own thread but what do people actually get from Untranslated Storyboards? If the information was translated then I could see a value but otherwise I can't.

This is maybe a question for its own thread but what do people actually get from Untranslated Storyboards? If the information was translated then I could see a value but otherwise I can't.
Storyboards, even when the text is untranslated can give you a wealth of information about frame shot, perspective, intended movement etc. They're fascinating to look at, to see how they mapped out the film. Some people just enjoy being able to see the thought process behind the team, even if the accompanying text is unreadable and to see how it translates from storyboard to show.
It's just another form of art to appreciate.

Back