UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I mean there is an impending economic cliff edge a month and a half away that has UK companies far bigger than an anime distributor worried...
So why has MVM and manga gave us release dates past this big day, Mainly these are UK BASED companies who primary deal with the UK. Also production may be affected because the discs are produced (And maybe the books) in EU but still 6 weeks till then and who still thinks we are still leaving on the 29th March I dont.

Last edited:
So why has MVM and manga gave us release dates past this big day, Mainly these are UK BASED companies who primary deal with the UK. Also production may be affected because the discs are produced (And maybe the books) in EU but still 6 weeks till then and who still thinks we are still leaving on the 29th March I dont.
Not to wade this thread down with politics (because I'm so popular when I do that) but the EU themselves have essentially given up on us staying in and no extension has been requested. Government today basically confirmed that the 'meaningful' parliamentary vote will be delayed until just days before the end of March.

So we're either crashing out with no deal or parliament is blackmailed in to voting through May's deal at the last second. Like if we were on a crashing plane, out of parachutes and someone offered you their skiddy pants to use as a makeshift one.

Yeah. Plus I had to f**king correct them twice that J.C. Staff was in charge of animation production- NOT Production I.G

How does an official distributor mess that up... twice?!

so... for the first 2 months of the 2019 releases we have nothing from AL at all, no word of news, no schedule announcements and nobody on here explaining why. Hmm wonder why, could it be that the Cowboy Bebop UE sold so badly that they took a huge lose on it, Just a thought.

Hopefully we get an update by the end of February. Whilst there’s a list of MVM titles I want to get, there’s nothing for AL so far.

I know, but the original press release said “lovingly animated by Production IG”. And the initial description on the website said it too. I corrected them those two times.
Even so, it's not something to get so worked up about. I'm sure it was a simple mistake due to Production I.G also being a studio themselves. A polite heads up is all they need.

Back