UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@Professor Who - would you react that way if someone spelled your name wrong on your birthday card? *Holds up card pointing at misspelled name*😑

I won't politely correct them because a) I don't even know them and b) I don't care! 😊

@Professor Who - would you react that way if someone spelled your name wrong on your birthday card? *Holds up card pointing at misspelled name*😑

I won't politely correct them because a) I don't even know them and b) I don't care! 😊
I don’t normally get worked up over this sort of stuff, but this was a rare instance when I did. I’m not mentally insane, but I like professionalism from companies. AL is one to actually respond and change stuff, so thus why I kindly corrected them.

Don't worry, it may have been a quiet start to the year for us in terms of releases and info, but we'll start having news on forthcoming plans very soon....

(Although we might make a typo somewhere and ruin the whole thing, so apologies in advance! ;) )

Don't worry, it may have been a quiet start to the year for us in terms of releases and info, but we'll start having news on forthcoming plans very soon....

(Although we might make a typo somewhere and ruin the whole thing, so apologies in advance! ;) )
I want you to see my birthday card, now 😑

EDIT: NOT A EUPHEMISM!!!

When I asked about the 2nd season of Euphonium on their twitter their response was
We don't hold the license to either of them. So unless that changes, if either were to get a a UK release it wouldn't be through us. ^JG
I wonder if this is a normal respone by them since I haven't really followed how they generally respond to those kinds of questions.
The main thing is just how different it was from when I asked MVM about Koyomimonogatari where the response was
We're certainly hoping so! We've enquired into it and just waiting for a response
The response from Alltheanime at least to me seemed to indicate that the possibility is rather low.
I am guessing most people here are more knowledgable about them than I am so it would be nice to know how others understand the response.

Last edited:
While I don’t have any insider information @Bakauchuujin, from the way it’s worded I’m inclined to presume that someone other than AL does have those licenses, meaning there’s pretty much no hope of them being released through them. Whereas in the case of MVM and anything Monogatari, it’s probably only a matter of time.

They've done CE's for Hal and TMC, plus loads of movies with similar running length. Whats the issue here?

Are MVM's Kizu CE's a joke too?

They've done CE's for Hal and TMC, plus loads of movies with similar running length. Whats the issue here?

Are MVM's Kizu CE's a joke too?
Kizu’s is a joke because it won’t match the show and it is a series. And castlevania is a TV show not a film so will that be £35 EB price. £20 is okay but £35 they can F off

“Also worth noting that we are authoring our own disc for this release, so we are not utilising any disc master that has been used in other English speaking territories.”

Okay I apologize. CE as well but 4 eps so I wonder the price
YES. The Viz disc I own has horrible compression artifacts. Re:Zero levels of banding.

Back