UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Funny. I was expecting a Haruhi Suzumiya announcement. I got tired of waiting for AL's release, and ordered the Funimation SE instead back in summer 2017. It's only now risen to the top of my to-watch pile, and I expect to start watching it in March. That's usually when the UK release finally happens.

Good to have some Q2 news finally, for me...

Tokyo Ghoul CE (hopefully a £35 EB on this one?)
Twin Star Exorcists (hopefully this will be £20 each, but can see them maybe being £25)
Mirai
SAO GGO
Re: Zero Part 2

All of those Funi releases looked mediocre to me, apart from Dagashi Kashi. And even if that got released the chances of the us getting the 2nd season were minimal anyway. :(

So let's get this straight, no word of anything for Q1, they finally break silence with a wish list and everybody pats them on the back,
Although, I'd say it is nice to FINALLY hear something, this isn't much of anything, they have managed one thing though, a more than 6 month gap for apart release and still no explanation of why this is so.
What was the old adage, oh yeah that was it "always promise them jam tomorrow, because tomorrow never comes"

What was the old adage, oh yeah that was it "always promise them jam tomorrow, because tomorrow never comes"
I think that particular saying is only really applicable if you think AL are never going to release anything ever again. And I think the good news to take from this news is that at least that isn't the case.

Cowboy Bebop UE, Assassination Classroom CE, Escaflowne CE, Snow White CE, Tokyo Ghoul CE... I know these are just re releases but It definitely hasnt been 6 months.

My fault, should have been specific, it wasn't about the lack of releases, more the gap between Twin star parts, which if April is to be the part 2, (earliest it could be) that will be 7 months, worse than Hyouka which had a 6 month gap, which the book was the excuse for, Twin star has no such excuse.

and where pre tell are we supposed to store said book? the box is made for 4 BD cases, no room for a book there, unless it is to the small moon I spoke of a few weeks ago, this smells a bit of last minute panic, rather than planned for "we were always gonna do".
I think they know they've drooped the ball a little, this will be nothing but an apology for taking so long, when peeps would rather just have the release finished, rather than something that will delay it further.

Interesting Q2 slate, shame there's no dates. I'll be looking at grabbing SAO GGO, Welcome to the Ballroom and Silver Spoon.

Funny. I was expecting a Haruhi Suzumiya announcement. I got tired of waiting for AL's release, and ordered the Funimation SE instead back in summer 2017. It's only now risen to the top of my to-watch pile, and I expect to start watching it in March. That's usually when the UK release finally happens.

Who knows where Haruhi even stands anymore? With the current Funimation debacle I wouldn't be surprised if they'd lost the license. Anyone wanting them is probably better off importing the US release.

It's an interesting slate, but I'm happy to get B: The Beginning, Code Geass Movies 2 & 3, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Maquia, Mirai, Perfect Blue, Plastic Memories, Re:ZERO Part 2, Silver Spoon, and Welcome to the Ballroom.
2018-06-30-31.png

And GGO of course!

Back