UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The case is for storing the Anime Limited vinyl collection, whenever they get round to releasing it.
I get that but if you just wanted Bebop it's kind of a waste. I appreciate the intent to do a UE that can have a life beyond that but if you don't collect vinyl it's awkward. Bookends, a model of the Swordfish...something else could have filled that space.

Perfectly happy to wait for as long as it takes to get Perfect Blue, well, perfect. It's already 20 years old and our existing releases aren't going anywhere if we find ourselves in desperate need to rewatch it.

I'll be surprised if AL ever releases enough vinyl themselves to fill that case. That being said...Akira Ifukube's score for The Little Prince and the Eight Headed Dragon pretty please with a cherry on top. Preferably with a release of the stunning film too

I know it's not a favourite of some peoples, but has Anime Limited said anything about parts 2 - 4 of Twin Star Exorcists? It's been four months since part one.

I know it's not a favourite of some peoples, but has Anime Limited said anything about parts 2 - 4 of Twin Star Exorcists? It's been four months since part one.
Going on past record, March, would make it 6 months.
I wouldn't expect it before then, since they seem quite quiet at present about releases for Q1, they're probably still sorting out the mess from christmas.

why not of made a resin model of the bebop to hold the discs ;3

Hey, I would have bought that in a heartbeat over some dumb LP Storage case. - then it could sit opposite my FMA resin gate from AL, on top of my front left and right theater room speakers!

I do still have an LP collection and a turntable, but even so I'm not interested at all in that Bebop case. I'll stick with the much smaller, shelf-friendly US Amazon Exc. box set I have.

Not to stifle creativity but maybe AL should run an Ultimate Edition survey to get a feel for what kind of extravagance people are specifically looking for?

I do want to say I really like the graphic design on the case. In particular working in "3, 2, 1, let's jam!" by correlating it to when the cast join the story.

Not to stifle creativity but maybe AL should run an Ultimate Edition survey to get a feel for what kind of extravagance people are specifically looking for?

That might be a good idea actually.

I'd rather more content over an extravagant presentation. Obviously things are limited by the Japanese side of things but I'd like to see more soundtracks and supplementary materials.

Or maybe they could split the content from the tat, and offer 2 SKUs: one just the set then another with the set and the extravagant piece of merch. The merch can be hit or miss and I've liked some of the more subtle UEs better than the extravagant ones.I know the FMA gate is the most extravagant, but I really like the Miss Hokusai UE with its wooden box, for example.

That might be a good idea actually.

I'd rather more content over an extravagant presentation. Obviously things are limited by the Japanese side of things but I'd like to see more soundtracks and supplementary materials.

Or maybe they could split the content from the tat, and offer 2 SKUs: one just the set then another with the set and the extravagant piece of merch. The merch can be hit or miss and I've liked some of the more subtle UEs better than the extravagant ones.I know the FMA gate is the most extravagant, but I really like the Miss Hokusai UE with its wooden box, for example.
I did have an idea for a poll for CEs ages ago, didn't do it but I wanted to see what people most likely want out of them.
Personally, I'd like sound tracks and production materials, there are only so many people that want tat like stickers and artcards which are lost in like 5 minutes flat.
I may do the poll in the morning when I'm home

Essentially what you have there is a print run of 1000 custom vinyl cases. That cannot have been cheap to have manufactured, and I imagine that's where the bulk of the set's cost/value lies. And a vinyl case there are only a thousand of in the world is a pretty cool thing to have, if you collect vinyl and love Cowboy Bebop enough to spend two-hundred-odd quid on it.

It does strike me as very odd that it doesn't actually include any vinyl though. Leads me to wonder if that was the original intention but AL got thwarted on rights or something when the project was part way along.

There’s not only a 1000 madman have them too so it is 2000 but yeah.
I think they said it was restrictions they could only include the complete OST on CD If it was vinyl it could only be a certain selection like FUNis.

I'm all for the fancy collectors editions but when it comes down to it, I just want a good solid art box, good quality mastered discs and an artbook. Even an OST to go all out.
Price all that reflective for the UK market and job done.

My issue with Bebop is it feels ultimately like a lot of money for little, with apparently the bulk of that going to the case. I'm sure the case is better appreciated if you collect vinyl but I'm looking at it as 3 pseudo vinyl cases being given a lot of space, including the art book leaning and stretching. Given the aesthetic was pseudo vinyl it might have been better to go with a smaller case or have something else in it.

Part of what I liked about the FMA UE was the space consideration. Sure the art book is kinda orphaned but the series itself fits neatly inside the gate should you so desire. This doesn't have that.

It is also put to shame compared to the basics editions released in other European countries, they're 6x cheaper too.
But there'll be also some random excuse this time for the price :^)

It is also put to shame compared to the basics editions released in other European countries, they're 6x cheaper too.
But there'll be also some random excuse this time for the price :^)
There's a standard edition available here too and has been for five years, it can be picked up for >£30. Before that Bebop was available in two box sets that are like AL's usual CEs. Whatever your opinions on this release, it's not like there are no alternatives - No-one's being forced to buy it who doesn't want it.

Got an email from Anime Limited. All the outstanding mystery boxes for people who ordered both in a single order will be shipped by close of business tomorrow.

I received an e-mail from Anime Limited too. But in my case, it was about damaged goods (I received the Cowboy Bebop Standard Edition 2 days ago with a broken case that can't shut properly). All replacements of those goods have been sent out today, and will be sent from MVM (their e-mail states "regular fulfilment house" so I'm assuming it's them) by first class post. Regarding the damaged items, the latest we'll be informed about the information on returning them is on Friday 25th January.

Back