UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Huh. Well, I don't pay much attention to European anime licensing (and that includes the company everyone thinks I'm in love with), so I didn't hear that.

Oh well. Here's to hoping it's someone who can do a competent release...

For those curious by what I meant by those effects, this image from the opening scene should give a clue as to what I'm talking about.
Saj5EVw.png

I'm confident we will get everything in this case, just a patience game.

(too bad I can't say the same about natsume, yuru yuri, clannad and kanon blu ray, etc ,etc)

I just looked it up... you guys don't have Clannad? Wow.

Not a fan, but that's shocking. I could maybe understand Natsume and Yuru Yuri, but Clannad? That's a shocker.

(I feel sorry that a beloved title to many isn't in your grasp)

I don't think we will get Liz because the film is very niche. Its not really appealing to Sound fans (I vastly prefer it sound it is that different) and its too linked to Sound even in loose-mess to appeal to ASV fans. (Weird america is getting a BD of Liz first tbh)

All the AoA titles that went to NISA we never got so no Natsume (Not even America has S5/6 BD so I dont mind atm), Anohana would be a killing for AL they could easily cross market it with all Okadas other stuff.

Its the only Okada thing I like. All other are melodrama and Maquia is gonna win Anime film of the year FFS. I despise that film.
IBO her work doesn't work on Gundam it was not Gundam too me it is weird oh well better than AGE.
Anohana is the only anime that has handled grief properly, all the cast are affected by it which you rarely see in stuff.

I hate Okada's work. She's all forced melodrama about kids explaining their feelings to each other without actually developing relationships. Or she's ruining a franchise (Gundam IBO) with her melodrama (and EDGE).
The only one of hers I like was Toradora- and even then, I don't love it. It's fine, but not the masterpiece its made out to be.

Let me see what she did..

I liked AKB0048, The Anthem of the Heart, Black rock shooter is a interesting experience, Gosick/Sakurasou/toradora were well structured,

She's ok.

I ignore her adaptions cos she script wrote Black Butler II and Fate 06... yeah

I'm open minded, just because something is bad (that fate, I didn't and won't watch black butler) doesn't mean everything she does will be bad. If every time I failed at something (I do, a lot) I was crossed by someone, I would be living under a bridge by now.

I feel for her people do ignore the crap she's done she recently did the lost village but nobody ever mentions her in relation to it. They give her more breaks than I've seen with most other writers.

AnoHana, Anthem and IBO are great, all directored by Tatsuyuki Nagai.
I fail to see how IBO ruined the franchise since its not UC, so you can disregard if you want, and sci-fi shows/films can be more realistic whilst still having stuff not experienced in the current era like the lived in environments in Alien and Blade Runner.
Her other stuff I've seen with other directors (including herself) I like less so.

I feel for her people do ignore the crap she's done she recently did the lost village but nobody ever mentions her in relation to it. They give her more breaks than I've seen with most other writers.
I've come to realise that if you can make your audience cry, they'll think it's good drama and will respect you as a writer.

Or be like me and simply enjoy the good stuff and ignore the bad ones, be it from her or any other creator.

I admit I'm a Watari Wataru fan boy, but that's about it.

Back