UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I’m just saying AL has some respect for them. Shame no one else does.
Two totally different things, thats why

They earned Anime Limited's trust/respect by providing information that seemed to fit their needs. A distribution center that was capable of meeting demands for a price they can afford. DADC is a well know company and so there is reason for AL to trust this information.

The reason why Anime Limited will continue to respect DADC is due to the fact they are doing what was set out in contract, they are distributing the sets to the volume Anime Limited require. Technical Faults are and will always be a problem regardless of size of the distribution company and it was very likely mentioned that technical faults are out of their hands in their contract.

So why wouldn't Anime Limited respect them? When the technical issues were resolved DADC shipped orders promptly to what was on the picking notes. I see there are a few people mentioning mistakes, wrong item sent or missing but from what I understand, this was more likely an error on the picking note and not DADC staff fault. I don't know if this was an error DADC or Anime Limited side but (Again from what I can tell) the people picking and packing the items haven't made any errors outside of the general allowance (Not everyone is perfect)

Also, AL, for Liz and the Blue Bird you might want to consider getting mp3dom as compressionist. It's a visually complex film with lots of detail that requires very competent compression. He has told me that he knows Andrew, or at least that Andrew knows him as "the Dynit guy", so at least there's something.

I only mention this, as the JP BD had some strange encoding decisions done by Pony Canyon; while not bad, could be improved upon. I think this would be a similar case to A Silent Voice, seeing as the staff is nearly identical, Yamada's visual style is very hard to compress effectively, due to her extensive use of chromatic aberration and other filmic techniques. I have a feeling that Shout Factory's American release may have trouble with it, as their automatic encoding setup has unintentional errors.

If not our Italian friend, Mr Sevakis would be just as good an option. (And he's probably the most logical choice) So just go with him. No more of your French encoding nonsense. I'm awaiting his Lupin III Part IV (Japanese version) BD to see how he'll best your French compressionists with half the number of discs (2 vs 4). (I'm not saying this to be mean, but to help them, and guide them to doing a better job)

Also, AL, for Liz and the Blue Bird you might want to consider getting mp3dom as compressionist. It's a visually complex film with lots of detail that requires very competent compression. He has told me that he knows Andrew, or at least that Andrew knows him as "the Dynit guy", so at least there's something.

I only mention this, as the JP BD had some strange encoding decisions done by Pony Canyon; while not bad, could be improved upon. I think this would be a similar case to A Silent Voice, seeing as the staff is nearly identical, Yamada's visual style is very hard to compress effectively, due to her extensive use of chromatic aberration and other filmic techniques. I have a feeling that Shout Factory's American release may have trouble with it, as their automatic encoding setup has unintentional errors.

If not our Italian friend, Mr Sevakis would be just as good an option.

There's also David MacKenzie, who encoded both of the superior Arrow releases in your examples there.

Now Plastic Memories is OOP in the US does that mean there is more chance of a UK release?

(Maybe AL were waiting for it to go oop so they can release a full set?)

Back