UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

After so many games having the main two Hathaway's Flash suits in them, both of which look fantastic by the way, I'm really excited to finally see them in action!

But yeah, we already knew that was happening, and I'm not too fussed about anything else, but still!

If I recall correctly, 5 years ago they said "We don't have much for the 35th because this is the start of the road to Gundam's 40th!"
Way to overhype, guys.

Also, since they just did an hour long conference saying Gundam's 40th is 2019 again, when can I expect an apology from the 3 Sunrise staff who in 2016 insisted I was wrong and it was 2020?

Actual opinions-

Hathaway's Flash- As said, was spoiled by the leak at NT press conference. It's kinda nice to see them go back to UC in animation but this whole "it's gonna take years to finish this" model is grating me.
Origin TV broadcast- Like much of the announcements this feels cheap. Noticed it's slated for April, the month Gundam premiered. If they'd announced they'd be doing full series I'd be hyped. But no,:here it is cut up and left as an awkward prequel.
G Reco movie- This seems daft. If it was 2 or 3 it could work but a single compilation movie for Reco will be a nightmare. Reco was already all over the place, less time won't help. Plus Reco was a 35th anniversary project like Origin. Yay, more rehashing.
New SD Gundam- The thing I'm most hopeful for. Said for a while it'd be nice to see a dedicated SD series again since we haven't really had one in ages.

Honestly instead of a Greco compilation movie I rather have them make a continuation with an actual end (in movie form I guess?). I really liked Greco but it was all over the place.

Didnt Tomino say be basically wanted a Rec film to fix it. But as how last recaps went the Turn A and Zeta ones god help us.
I also hate that Rec in G retconned Turn A into before it.... like WHAT they ruined Turn A's whole charm.Yes I know 00 and IBO wont fit but taking it as a 20th anniversary and nice bow for THAT point. It worked so so well. To get retconned by Rec in G is insulting.

It was just a comment he made at a post show panel and one most tòok as trolling. Reco currently sits as post UC, pre Turn A officially.

The Turn A timeline is awkward anyway since SEED onwards locks the continuity into humanity constantly nearly wiping itself out.

It was just a comment he made at a post show panel and one most tòok as trolling. Reco currently sits as post UC, pre Turn A officially.

The Turn A timeline is awkward anyway since SEED onwards locks the continuity into humanity constantly nearly wiping itself out.
That’s why I take it when it was produced and it still fits kinda. So but yeah I don’t went Rec associated with Turn a which is I feel the best Gundam still since the 80s TV. Unicorn is the other best. All the other TV ones for me don’t get close to Z or Turn a but 00 and IBO are vastly more popular. A shame Turn A never got dubbed.

Any news on when the next batch of Your Name replacement discs will be sent out? I sent one of my discs back just under two weeks ago now, but no sign of the replacement yet...

Back