UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Really don't like the idea of having two different, BD mystery boxes. £80 is a lot of money to pay for something completely unknown, especially at this time of year. A lot of people will probably only be able to afford (or can only justify) buying one. Before, you bought the mystery box, and if you got something you weren't super interested in, that was always going to happen.

But now this is a situation where you can buy a mystery box, get something you didn't want, but can also miss out on something you did want, because you bought the "wrong" box.

I’ll have to see how many of my wish list titles turn up in the preceding 11 days before really considering the need for both boxes.

4 if you include MVMs from their sale.

Now if only Royal Mail could be arsed shipping the boxes to Ireland this year instead of sticking them in the corner of a depot for a month before returning them to AL.
5 if you assume MVM will do a DVD & Blu Ray box....

I've not really bought any AL titles this year so maybe the boxes will be stuff I don't have. I'll buy both Blu boxes and trade in to Cex what I don't want :p

I dont think I can afford all the BD mystery boxes between AL and MVM so I'm most likely going to skip MVM seeing as I was not so much a fan of their previous box and I don't really own a lot of AL BDs anyway, so theres a very high chance I'll get a lot of new things out of this I suppose.

MVM never did a collectors edition box did they or were they all standard?

just had a look about those mystery boxes. Andrew may as well burst into my house and start wrestling my wallet from me, 10 blind buys effectively. good thing I have some extra hours this weekend to pay for it

Hey, AL, are you gonna do that BS move where only UK customers can buy them like last year?

I hope you don't. I might get some items. Sure, they might not arrive before Christmas, but who knows. (If the really good deals make it worth the hideously expensive shipping)

EDIT: Yeah, I know like I'm asking for too much, but I know other people who'd be willing to buy titles during the sale as well, but they don't live in the UK. Still, I hope you consider it in the future.

Last edited:
Back