UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Because some people *cough* import from the US instead of supporting domestic releases.
14 months and they never even licensed it till I owned it for a year anyway. Bandit Flower I can’t still at least 6 months after America and the US set is cheaper it comes to £18 but oh a ****** poster sign me up oh no don’t. Also no licensing of AGE, or G or Wing i have imported and we don’t know what’s ALs 00 is gonna be like that’s been delayed for ****** 20th bebop collection. If 00 is £200 they can shove off. So if 00 is crap and expensive I probably not regret fully going US releases for Gundam.

Regarding AL and Gundam I've been out of the loop for months just catching up. Why are they releasing 00 next, didn't say they will finish UC titles first. Almost like trying to catch up to Amercian releases even though there's backlog of titles AL have skipped.

Makes no sense especially since the argument was that both markets regarding Gundam were different. One thing to be slow fair enough, but to skip titles especially when you had a clear structure is baffling to me seems like no real planning when comes to Gundam now.

For the guys that purchased at MCM (mangaranga?) ... Any issues with Fireworks before I buy?
The only obvious issue with it (if you want to call it that) is that it uses GKIDS master for the movie.
Whilst that itself isn't necessarily an issue (subtitle font aside), GKIDS for some reason used the theatrical version of the movie rather than the home video version for their release. I wrote a bit more about it here.
In reality though, from skimming through bits of the movie there doesn't seem to be anything major for the most part considering the lackluster animation anyway. There's some slight CG changes (placements wise), redraws, lighting changes and a CG scene framing change. Here's some (but definitely not all) examples of changes I've noticed, and not all of them are positive changes either.
I still haven't watched the UK BD properly though, so for all I know there could be more differences. None of them are transformative though and the movie still looks like a mid tier TV production at best.

Last edited:
Oh look over there everyone it's a troll who escaped from under their bridge trolls are so funny.i think not.
There is nothing special about it. Literally. Even the standard prints from across Europe have more contents (Spain, Italy, France). It's also a joke to all the US collector boxset which are in the same price range.

I got it from you giving the 0079 movies 500 copies when it still exists in France. ( So it was an assumption and your site didnt say 1000 copies like it usually does so you have to assume)
As does Origin as will thunderbolt. And just looking at your site is misleading as Origin is still in stock on amazon and elsewhere so...

I got it from you gave 0079 movies 500 copies when it still exists in France.
As does Origin as will thunderbolt. And just looking at your site is misleading as Origin is still in stock on amazon and elsewhere so... and where is 00....
The UK run and the French run of the 0079 Movie Trilogy are different with the inserts for the amrays being in their respective languages.

The discs are the same that’s all the matters really. Especially as it’s the only English release with 2.0 audio, as I’ve known a few people who thought they couldn’t get the audio then found the French set...

I got it from you giving the 0079 movies 500 copies when it still exists in France. ( So it was an assumption and your site didnt say 1000 copies like it usually does so you have to assume)

Well, Gundam Thunderbolt is a different product to the Gundam Movie Trilogy, so that's probably the kind of assumption that is best avoided!

We're typically pretty clear in making it known when titles do get a smaller print run (see: Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1), so if you want to make an assumption anywhere then it would be to assume a standard print run unless we specify otherwise.

And just looking at your site is misleading as Origin is still in stock on amazon and elsewhere so...

We're not Amazon or any other retailer, so I'm not sure what's misleading there? Retailers buy in stock of products as suits their requirements, so when a title goes out of print on our online shop that means that our store doesn't have access to any further units and there is no further stock of the product left in the warehouse. Naturally, that doesn't mean that other retailers don't already have stock, and we can't speak to those outlets in terms of what stock they have on-hand.

In short: Out of print means that all units are "in the wild" and allocated to retailers, and once any given retailer has sold out of their allocation there's no further stock available to replenish it.

Back