UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hey all. Hope all is well.

• Hosoda / ME!ME!ME! / KYOANI / EVA merchandise
I’ll be honest, I don’t know if any that was left over will be available to purchase from our site or not. Was very specific to the events themselves, but if we can make them available to order online we’ll make definitely it known.

Please consider it!
Ah. 😬
I've just discovered a two-frame video glitch at 1h12m28s on the new disc of Your Name. Here's a photo off my TV screen:
View attachment 5577

quite happy i didnt send my disc back yet :D

It's still an improvement. It's only a brief video glitch instead of the sound being messed up throughout the entire film now. 😌

That early subtitle misplacement has also been corrected. Still watching the film, so can't comment on the subs just before the end credits yet.
So the rest of the film is fine asides from the glitch?

It's still an improvement. It's only a brief video glitch instead of the sound being messed up throughout the entire film now. 😌

That early subtitle misplacement has also been corrected. Still watching the film, so can't comment on the subs just before the end credits yet.

Well thats a lot better then I guess, still a shame but i'd rather a couple second glitch than an entire messed up video
sigh

also on the cowboy bebop price, I was actually expecting a lot less, around £150. I was set on buying it but now I will have to think about it since i also wanted to buy the lets go switch set this month :(

So the rest of the film is fine asides from the glitch?
That's correct. I can confirm that everything from the first version has been fixed, and the video is of superior quality. 👍

Don't know how this new video glitch slipped through the net, though. 😕

Does that glitch happen on the old disc? Not that the old disc turns out to be better after all. oo°
The video glitch was not present on the old disc, no.

That's correct. I can confirm that everything from the first version has been fixed, and the video is of superior quality. 👍

It didn't slip through as they knew about it, just decided it wasn't worth going back to fix in the end.

An instantaneous two-frame glitch I can put up with - sounds like all the other issues have been fixed. They're certainly not going to redo the disc again just for that one little glitch.

The video glitch was not present on the old disc, no.
Good to hear, maybe I’ll get around to watching the film on disc now!

Eh? I've never heard about this before. Has it already been discussed somewhere?
Nah, one of the people who helped with QC said he pointed it out...

"I caught the video glitch on the first run through though, and I did agree that it wasn't worth going back and faffing about with a new encode again over two frames. Video wise it's better than Funi's BD."

I kinda agree tbh, it's a shame but it is what it is.

Eh? I've never heard about this before. Has it already been discussed somewhere?
I caught it before when checking the discs. Bear in mind that this is a two frame glitch out of 153282 frames and that the video quality is better than the Funimation disc anyway. Your choice then is to either start over again, spending time and money to re-encode the entire movie and go through the entire QC process again (again, potentially running into issues or coming out with an inferior encode), or push out the product to people who have been complaining about the lack of replacements for a year. For the sake of one instance with two frames (which even then is contained to a small part of the screen), that 99% of people won't notice, it's more than fine by me that they went for the latter in this situation. I only really caught it so easily as I'm sensitive to screen tearing.

It's probably not even an encoding error anyway, going by what mp3dom posted on the BD forums. Could've been the Master tape, in which case it'd be back to Japan and potentially months for a new master. Look at what's happening with Re:Zero in America...
Those artifacts (glitches and colored blocks) most of the times are not encoding problems but due to digitizing problems (problems when reading the master tape)

Last edited:
After a rewatch Its far less than a second glitch and the disk is 100% better than the original.

Actually interested why this gitch was even mentioned at all as the quality overall is v.good A**. I can't say perfect as someone will always find a reason to moan.

But the quality of this reprint makes me wonder why wasn't this the original release to begin with, especially with this being a movie people were going to pay close attention to.

Actually interested why this gitch was even mentioned at all as the quality overall is v.good A**. I can't say perfect as someone will always find a reason to moan.

People shouldn't be moaned at for pointing out flaws in products. This type of information is useful since that glitch you might not think is a big deal might be for someone else. Sharing information like this is a way for people to become informed consumers.

People shouldn't be moaned at for pointing out flaws in products. This type of information is useful since that glitch you might not think is a big deal might be for someone else. Sharing information like this is a way for people to become informed consumers.

Sorry. I was mentioning my comment as a casual user, one who would be more likely to notice issues throughout the film rather than a 2 frame glitch

I didn't mean that people were moaning about it. I clearly worded it wrong as I understand everyone has their own opinions on quality of release... Be it watchable for a casual fan or Frame Perfect for the more hardcore collectors

Back