UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I would have thought that you would have to license any of Discotek's catalog from the original rights holder, so I'm not sure what good studying their titles does in this context?

But, anyway, they've released some of the best animated films ever made that really should have an in-print UK release: Barefoot Gen, Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Robot Carnival.

The CE and the SE First Privilege releases look to be the same except for a 100 page book and a some sort of novel thing. Guess I'll go Early Bird for the Standard Edition First Privilege set, then. And... pre-ordered! :)

Last edited:
A WW holdback is what it sounds like... but then add in about 3 delays on the AL release, and it will be Q3-Q4... j/k, Andrew! ;)

Anyways, if the JP release of any series I like includes English subtitles, it is an automatic buy for me. If the UK set gets a nice CE, I'll double dip. The US release will probably be a bare-bones release anyway, or else an over-bloated Sentai PE.

Thanks very much for the heads-up on the JP B release, doctor!

Also, after a brief email exchange with Jeremy last week, we got my return issue for the Your Name replacement discs worked out, so I should be good to go with that, now. Thanks to Jeremy as well!

Last edited:
I no has Twitter, where can I get a hold of this podcast please?

I'm thrilled we get a sub and dub of Mirai. Gonna see the dub since I saw the sub at SLA.

You guys are still breaking my heart over the Mamoru and Me!Me!Me! stuff looking so depressingly unlikely to make your website so I can drain my credit card on it though :'(

Interesting. A transparent case. That's rather rare for anime outside of Japan (or AoA). I do like those though. Also no DVD, is this a phasing out or was there never one to begin with? (I think most of the movie CEs came in combo digipacks or so?)

Back