UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

A couple of suppositions on my part but:
Doesn't the majority of the USA have to pay that kinda tax rate anyway? I always thought they just have to work it all out themselves.
I always thought the prices included the tax within the prices, except for some extra taxes that may come be added at checkout, if you are in some specific state. (For Amazon orders within the US, there is an extra taxes, which gets added when Amazon has a warehouse in that state.)

As for the royal mail extortion fee: I always thought that the majority of it goes to paying the *insert expletives* that work in customs as opposed to the royal mail delivering it hence why RM has always said it doesn't profit from it.
The most common argumentation for such fees is, that the postage has to pay the customs beforehand, basically before even they got the money from you. (And might not even get it and must wait until they get the reclaim), which they say is expensive, due to Banks wanting interests. At least at least they claimed it in Germany. Which might be, why many packages just got dumped to the local customs office, even when the invoice was attached. At first you could have send the documents to the customs office and have the post relay it to you for free, but then they charged some 30€ for that. And then a flat fee was also introduced. =/
I bet that part was there for staff payments. They have been cutting staff where ever they could, so they probably didn't want to waste any more money on a free service. Seems like other countries just made that move right from the start.

RX-78-2 has prominent role on the UK retail displays for Ready Player One.
AAmVLiQ.jpg

I always thought the prices included the tax within the prices, except for some extra taxes that may come be added at checkout, if you are in some specific state. (For Amazon orders within the US, there is an extra taxes, which gets added when Amazon has a warehouse in that state.)

For US retailer websites, taxes are never included in the listed price, it is always added at checkout, because it varies for every state - In Pennsylvania where I live, the state sales tax is 6%. There is no national sales tax. And that is only if the online retailer evens charges for any state tax - many sites still don't.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 12.22.04.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 12.22.04.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 10

The most common argumentation for such fees is, that the postage has to pay the customs beforehand, basically before even they got the money from you. (And might not even get it and must wait until they get the reclaim), which they say is expensive, due to Banks wanting interests. At least at least they claimed it in Germany. Which might be, why many packages just got dumped to the local customs office, even when the invoice was attached. At first you could have send the documents to the customs office and have the post relay it to you for free, but then they charged some 30€ for that. And then a flat fee was also introduced. =/
I bet that part was there for staff payments. They have been cutting staff where ever they could, so they probably didn't want to waste any more money on a free service. Seems like other countries just made that move right from the start.
But the UK is still in the EU for now. Why are there customs between Germany and the UK?

So now it gets a CE, when I've already ordered the US ones, when it was said that only a SE comes out here....
Well, perhaps I'll just replace them, if they look good. Not the biggest of fans of of the US covers of Missing/Returning.

But the UK is still in the EU for now. Why are there customs between Germany and the UK?
....? ?_? I never said, there's be customs from the UK, it was about from US.

Re: Patlabor, it makes me weep that the movies aren't in print in the UK. Unsure how they did sales-wise (I'm guessing the fact they're not in print tells me what I need to know), but it just seems like one (or three) of those titles that should always be readily available.

Re: Patlabor, it makes me weep that the movies aren't in print in the UK. Unsure how they did sales-wise (I'm guessing the fact they're not in print tells me what I need to know), but it just seems like one (or three) of those titles that should always be readily available.

well the Series Has moreless Bombed Everywere unsure on the Numbers for the Films but eh makes me a Sad panda

I wonder if Gundam NT will get an import release etc as it seems it’s theatrical release is like Origin and Thunderbolt was in japan depends when we get the BD news I guess

Back