UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Speaking of, new trailer.

Definitely seems to be a one off movie, there's a card that near as I can translate says "The first original UC Gundam movie since F91 27 years ago." (They did something similar with the 00 movie, highlighting it was the first non-compilation movie in ages).

If it gets a theatrical release here assume it won't be until 2019.

Its the worst gundam film ive seen and god Aliensdo really not fit in a gundam and god how its having a sequel it screams cash grab like another Sunrise film sequel project.

I liked the aliens. Honestly I hope they do add aliens again in future installments or at least do something about the stale earth/moon setting we've been getting for almost 40 years now.

Aliens breaks the whole principle of gundam its a war story. Its basically a way to tell war Dramas.And Human relationships during war. Yes 0079 was WW2 in space but it worked and I think aliens breaks its whole point go telling stories about human relationships during war.

Its the worst gundam film ive seen and god Aliensdo really not fit in a gundam and god how its having a sequel it screams cash grab like another Sunrise film sequel project.
Amusingly the original pitch for 00 was
Gundams fighting an alien invasion. Sunrise said no and even fought in when the movie was in production

Well I dont get 00 love in. I think its because I hate Setsuna as a MC. Like why I dont like IBO too is Mika is awful as a MC.
I think its very average, actually I dont get the alternate Universe love ins. UC is easily the best and trying to pretend it isnt sunrise wont work

It doesn't necesarily break the war story stick and nor does gundam need to be a war story to be a good. Look at the build entries for example.

I'm not sure what other war stories gundam could possibly tell because the same story has been rehashed over and over again. Besides there can be more than enough drama by entering aliens into the mix. For example how do humans deal with aliens they can't communicate with? How do they battle against a seemingly superior force? Besides there can be enough human drama by blowing up colonies and whatnot.

After writing this I feel like this what I think they were going for with the 00 movie, but they it executed it poorly because of its runtime among other things.

After 00's film response and how human based IBO was I think Sunrise is staying away from aliens currently and its the right choice. Gundam is supposed to be kinda realistic and aliens story was unbelievable and the Setsuna arc in that film christ its why I dont want a sequel.

Don't forget the space whale fossil in Cosmic Era.

I mean SEED tried to. Quite hard.

I really like the ELS. Some have argued 00 should have used humanoid aliens with their own MS but that defeats the point. The ELS needed to be something so alien they couldn't easily communicate with humans. I was a stickler for years that Gundam didn't need aliens (there's Macross for that) but 00 did it sensibly. The ELS are alien to the point it's the human reaction to them that is the focus, much like ID4. I'll grant you the film doesn't enough time to explore things fully (sidestories show that after the movie there was a whole war over the fact ELS killed and assimilated people, which understandably isn't easy to forgive and ignore.)

Don't forget the space whale fossil in Cosmic Era.

I mean SEED tried to. Quite hard.

I really like the ELS. Some have argued 00 should have used humanoid aliens with their own MS but that defeats the point. The ELS needed to be something so alien they couldn't easily communicate with humans. I was a stickler for years that Gundam didn't need aliens (there's Macross for that) but 00 did it sensibly. The ELS are alien to the point it's the human reaction to them that is the focus, much like ID4. I'll grant you the film doesn't enough time to explore things fully (sidestories show that after the movie there was a whole war over the fact ELS killed and assimilated people, which understandably isn't easy to forgive and ignore.)
Whats funny is I dont like 00 the only part I mostly agree with people is the film as the general opinion its crap, rushed underdeveloped. Maybe if it was the 50 ep show it could work but that film was unneeded as 00 ended very tightly. Thats why I dont want this sequel because 00 ended well even Trailblazers ending is quite conclusive

A lot of the talk I've heard suggests this new project is just a one off. I'm half wondering if this is why the UK release of the anniversary box is coming later, to include it. When BEI released SEED the epilogue OVA was missing but Beez had it on the European one.

I liked 00 as it felt more like the Universal Century series than Seed/Destiny. Regardless, it's still better than the train wreck that is Iron Blooded Orphans... (Mari Okada's extreme melodrama does not match the serious nature of Gundam)

00 is my all-time favourite Gundam, but I agree that the movie jumped the shark - although I still enjoyed it.

I have all of Beez's DVDs, with Bandai's release of the movie being the first BD I ever imported. I actually dropped Iron-Blooded Orphans early into S2 though; the pacing was the biggest fault more than anything else imo.

With how good the Nozomis UCEs are im even more disappointed that FUNi got IBO cos I think their CEs were crap which is why I own Madmans of IBO. Season sets of the bat and cheaper than FUNi

Last edited:
With how good the Nozomis UCEs are im even more disappointed that FUNi got IBO cos I think their CEs were crap which is why I own Madmans of IBO. Season sets of the bat and cheaper than FUNi
The model kits are pretty valuable. Everything else is typical Funi. They come in a flimsy cardboard box with an easily scratched plastic sleeve. Inside is a cardboard box to hold the 4 sets with their slipcovers and doesn’t fit either of the booklets that come with the sets.

The model kits are pretty valuable. Everything else is typical Funi. They come in a flimsy cardboard box with an easily scratched plastic sleeve. Inside is a cardboard box to hold the 4 sets with their slipcovers and doesn’t fit either of the booklets that come with the sets.
If you dont value the kits (me) the set was pointless. The Wing set has a book poster exclusive disc. And the fact funi subbed the credits so it doesnt match any of Nozomis releases, why did Sunrise partner with someone then do them over I dont get it. And I would have a loved a IBO book like they did for wing or 00 or G and the sets would match not 4 parts but 2 season sets. (Which we know Sunrise allowed as madman did them) Hopefuly FUNi dont get anymore

Back