UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The model kits are pretty valuable. Everything else is typical Funi. They come in a flimsy cardboard box with an easily scratched plastic sleeve. Inside is a cardboard box to hold the 4 sets with their slipcovers and doesn’t fit either of the booklets that come with the sets.
No one thinks gloss coating Gunpla are valuable.

No one thinks gloss coating Gunpla are valuable.

The gloss Barbatos looks good, much better than Titanium or Gold coated kits I've gotten in the past. The main issue with them is that the coating is an afterthought with none of the runners undergated to account for the finish. Kits like the MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0 and RG Sinanju fair better being designed with that particular finish in mind.

These kits are valuable due to the low production run being exclusive to the Funi CEs. Even the standard metallic gloss kits are reasonably expensive on the resale market as they are an exclusive to Gundam Base, though they retail there for about ¥1,300.

Thing is Gunpla is a hobby market. The kind of people likely to care could do a better job themselves using the standard retail kit. In demand exclusive Gunpla tend to be actual variants.

Thing is Gunpla is a hobby market. The kind of people likely to care could do a better job themselves using the standard retail kit. In demand exclusive Gunpla tend to be actual variants.
Agreed. Difficult to do a metal flake kit like the Funi CE ones though, the paint is not the easiest to work with. I find the chromed "Titanium" finish kits to look tacky and be more trouble than they're worth.

98F.gif

UPYO

No thunderbolt or Sound dates...

Both are scheduled, but as those aren't ones where it matters about high street retailers so much due to the nature of them - we list them a bit later. Euphonium is due in September so listings should be up shortly for it :). Thunderbolt isn't looking like it's far behind either, just getting packaging sorted as we speak as assets have come in!

In short - plenty in the pipeline for Q4 not yet listed or going up soon (don't think we've forgotten about Cowboy Bebop Ultimate or Maquia for example for Q4) so stay tuned :).

UKA has chose 25th March 2019 for its placeholder for Burst View attachment 4569
@anime_andrew Why is Maquia CEs RRP £50 does that mean you are planning something special for it?

Re Testament - As we used the Funimation master for Season 1 - we're just awaiting on a delivery date for Season 2 now. As soon as we have one that date will shift round of course :).

Re Maquia - Yes - it's a similar situation to A Silent Voice - there's a lot of extras we have access to so we're trying to make the nicest set possible. Sadly £34.99 does not allow for that so we have to charge a bit more to do it I'm afraid! Like all films we run theatrically there will also be a standard DVD and standard BD too :).

Best,

AP

Looking forward to the Maquia BD. It's a shame it hasn't gotten a screening in the Netherlands (yet), even though a Dutch subtitle track got made (only been used at a Belgian filmfestival).

Authoring-wise, is Maquia going to be a home-grown UK author, just like A Silent Voice, or has nothing been confirmed yet?

Also, I'm not sure if I'm correct, but isn't Fireworks going to be a Madman author?

Both of these questions are purely out of curiosity.

Authoring-wise, is Maquia going to be a home-grown UK author, just like A Silent Voice, or has nothing been confirmed yet?

Also, I'm not sure if I'm correct, but isn't Fireworks going to be a Madman author?

Both of these questions are purely out of curiosity.

Maquia will be authored by Anime Limited - it's logical as we're the first ones out the door etc.

Fireworks is not a Madman author for us - we may well share with the USA but nothing is set in stone yet :).

Best,

AP

Back