UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Remind me did AL lose Free! Iwatobi Swim Club or is it just one of those uncertain titles? It occurred to me when I considered importing the Funi LE a little while ago that they might still have the licence.
I ordered Funi's LE earlier this month. Even if AL haven't lost it, We're stuck getting Funi's movie LE anyway so may as well get season 1 from them to match.

I ordered Funi's LE earlier this month. Even if AL haven't lost it, We're stuck getting Funi's movie LE anyway so may as well get season 1 from them to match.
This is true, I had considered that at the time. I'll just import it along with the Film collection.

Given the pending 00 set, is it safe to assume complete sets are the preferred model for future Gundam titles? We were told a while back that discussions were being had on how to get the releases caught up. Plus there's been the issue that when the split releases of Z and ZZ are combined the disks get atuck in the box.

I understand split releases for full series is the company standard and sometimes it's a way to make a release more profitable to earn back licensing (remember BEI infamously dragging Destiny out over 12 volumes) but it would seem complete collections just make sense for this specific franchise.

Some distributors / publishers are avoiding bbfc fees by releasing their english subbed content in (e.g.) France. Amazon UK stocks those, (some) other retailers don't. Could be an option for small print runs...
But wasn't Gundam 00 already submitted by Beez?

Some distributors / publishers are avoiding bbfc fees by releasing their english subbed content in (e.g.) France. Amazon UK stocks those, (some) other retailers don't. Could be an option for small print runs...
But wasn't Gundam 00 already submitted by Beez?
Yeah that’s why I think 00 will be quick as only the film needs to be BBFC’d other ones such as G has never been licensed

e.g. Les Films du Paradoxe - Home

But with "Anne Franks Diary" and "Once Upon a Time..." there are some titles from other companies, that include English Dub or Sub in their French releases with no UK-release currently avaiable (don't know if Once Upon a Time was submitted for VHS).
Also Midori (Shoujo Tsubaki) was released as Engsub DVD in France, but I don't know if it would have been able to pass BBFC.

BRB Internacional (or subcontractors) also released multi-lingual DVDs in Spain to avoid censorship fees, but at least some of these have been submitted to BBFC earlier by other subcontractors.

But as mentioned before: Most retailers won't stock these, so it's only an option for titles that won't be sold in mass market anyway.

Last edited:
with there only being a collector's edition for Testament of Sister New Devil season 1 on blu-ray would it be safe to assume that when season 2 eventually releases that afterwards there would be a regular bundle pack for both seasons or would they be released seperately too?

e.g. Les Films du Paradoxe - Home

But with "Anne Franks Diary" and "Once Upon a Time..." there are some titles from other companies, that include English Dub or Sub in their French releases with no UK-release currently avaiable (don't know if Once Upon a Time was submitted for VHS).
Also Midori (Shoujo Tsubaki) was released as Engsub DVD in France, but I don't know if it would have been able to pass BBFC.

BRB Internacional (or subcontractors) also released multi-lingual DVDs in Spain to avoid censorship fees, but at least some of these have been submitted to BBFC earlier by other subcontractors.

But as mentioned before: Most retailers won't stock these, so it's only an option for titles that won't be sold in mass market anyway.
Just because they have included English sub/dub, doesn't necessarily mean that they conjured up a plan to skirt around the BBFC fees or censorship.

Received a dispatch email for Aoharu x Machinegun and Kiznaiver CE. 😀

Just as a note here, Kiznaiver hasn't shipped yet, that was a SNAFU on our part - sorry!

Aoharu x Machinegun has indeed shipped out to all who pre-ordered however. :D

with there only being a collector's edition for Testament of Sister New Devil season 1 on blu-ray would it be safe to assume that when season 2 eventually releases that afterwards there would be a regular bundle pack for both seasons or would they be released seperately too?

Any Standard Editions we release further down the line for the series will also consist of individual seasons.

Back