UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think Wing is certainly high on the list. It's very popular in France and is the one that there will be any mainstream nostalgia for in the UK.

The 00 film or Special edition hasn’t been BBFC’d and I don’t think it’s just what France wants. I do assume stuff like wing, turn A are still the pipeline but who can blame them for releasing two popular Gundams...

I was reliably informed recently that apparently Bandai don't directly deal with the UK. Japan deals with France who in turn deal with the UK.

Not sure how relevant that is but something worth considering.

The 00 film or Special edition hasn’t been BBFC’d and I don’t think it’s just what France wants. I do assume stuff like wing, turn A are still the pipeline but who can blame them for releasing two popular Gundams...

I don't know if that is true if not we would have got Victory, build fighters or least Turn A by now released but we didn't since it wasn't part of the French collaboration titles. Andrew stated they couldn't release anything outside the collaboration titles.

Far as I'm aware Turn A was held up by them at least initially working from the Nozomi masters, with them having to pressure them to do a Blu-ray Turn A after it was DVD first in the US.

Which America got. Quite a while ago.

*holds up 'Coming soon' Turn A bag from MCM May 2016*

Admittedly there was a huge geo-political event for the UK like a month after they made that con push, soooo....

Right now effectively what you are saying is you'll be buying nobody's release then English speaking, meaning all you hurt is the brand itself long term then right now as the Funimation version is definitely the same.

Can't say I agree with the idea that me not buying a bad release damages the brand, certainly not more so than the companies knowingly pushing out the defective blu-rays in the first place does, I mean they're the reason I (and at least 2 other people I know irl) aren't buying it. But hey ho, people are buying it anyway so who cares I guess, it'll still likely sell out so why bother fixing it as people don't seem to care so would be a waste of time and money.

I only spent £305 at the Anime Limited stall.
Can't say I agree with the idea that me not buying a bad release damages the brand, certainly not more so than the companies knowingly pushing out the defective blu-rays in the first place does, I mean they're the reason I (and at least 2 other people I know irl) aren't buying it. But hey ho, people are buying it anyway so who cares I guess, it'll still likely sell out so why bother fixing it as people don't seem to care so would be a waste of time and money.
For me it's a simple choice of owning it or not owning it. There is no import alternative. I love the show and to be honest I'm not the type to notice picture defects so is an essential purchase.

Please help, I am running out of space. Send walls.
r5yi00M.jpg

Back