UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The gundam trilogy only got a 500 copy print run in the UK because of how poorly gundam sells here.

I regret not getting my order in, but when I went back to order it the price had gone up by a tenner and I just couldn't justify paying that much for my third edition of those movies. (I didn't keep the old Anime Village VHS releases)

I regret not getting my order in, but when I went back to order it the price had gone up by a tenner and I just couldn't justify paying that much for my third edition of those movies. (I didn't keep the old Anime Village VHS releases)
It's currently pretty much the same price as the early bird plus shipping atm for the French version, which has the same discs, from Amazon France.

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B01MA...rds=Gundam&dpPl=1&dpID=51+52aju23L&ref=plSrch

Is Assassination Classroom season 2 part 1 using the Funi masters? If so you might wanna hold off on those:
JP BD 1 | Funi BD 1
JP BD 2 | Funi BD 2
JP BD 3 | Funi BD 3

Comparison images are from the Bluray forum.
Jesus, I looked at the first one and thought "Eh, that's annoying but I'll live", but then I looked at the second one and quickly realised how bad it actually is, like all the detail is missing lol how does stuff like that happen? Guess I'll be watching it elsewhere then, kinda annoyed I waited so long on the BDs now tbh.

I don't know if I speak for many who missed the original Gundam craze but Gundam scares & confuses me and so I've largely avoided buying any of it! There's too much of it with seemingly too many divergent timelines, parallel goings on in the same timeline & too much filler/supposed rubbish and to add to all that the names are largely similar.

I did actually buy the original movie trilogy when AL released it rather than the original series because I heard there was a lot of filler in the OS and I quite enjoyed it but where to go from there I am still not sure, or indeed IF I should go anywhere from there or just pretend that's largely it lol.

Jesus, I looked at the first one and thought "Eh, that's annoying but I'll live", but then I looked at the second one and quickly realised how bad it actually is, like all the detail is missing lol how does stuff like that happen? Guess I'll be watching it elsewhere then, kinda annoyed I waited so long on the BDs now tbh.
I watched S2 P2 on the Funimation Now App, can't recall if it had these picture issues or not.

I did actually buy the original movie trilogy when AL released it rather than the original series because I heard there was a lot of filler in the OS and I quite enjoyed it but where to go from there I am still not sure, or indeed IF I should go anywhere from there or just pretend that's largely it lol.
If you want to keep things relatively simple, you can watch Zeta Gundam, ZZ (though this is arguably optional as Amuro and Char don’t play a central role) and the CCA movie. That’s basically the core UC timeline and the complete story of Amuro and Char and their rivalry.

F91, Unicorn and Victory (and in a way, while it’s not technically UC, G-Reco) carry on the UC timeline past that point, Origin serves as a (kind of) prequel centred on Char and there are stand alone side stories (Stardust Memory, War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team, Thunderbolt). Everything else is pretty much its own thing in a seperate universe that doesn’t require UC knowledge to watch.

So I was thinking about how on earth could Anime Limited keep the consistency of their Gundam Collection sets when it comes to films (not like Origin but more so Char's Counterattack, F-91, Endless Waltz, 00 Movie, AGE Movie etc.) and I think it might actually be possible to maintain it.

1 Blu-ray case, larger booklet (average per set is usually 46 pages), artcards (at least 9 like Rec in G) and a smaller width box so that it can just fit the Gundam Collection logo.

YAeQht7l.jpg

wUtbIhJl.jpg

I watched S2 P2 on the Funimation Now App, can't recall if it had these picture issues or not.
I think it's on CR now so I'll probably just watch it there. Will be kinda ridiculous if streaming is a better product than the BD tbh.
So I was thinking about how on earth could Anime Limited keep the consistency of their Gundam Collection sets when it comes to films (not like Origin but more so Char's Counterattack, F-91, Endless Waltz, 00 Movie, AGE Movie etc.) and I think it might actually be possible to maintain it.

1 Blu-ray case, larger booklet (average per set is usually 46 pages), artcards (at least 9 like Rec in G) and a smaller width box so that it can just fit the Gundam Collection logo.

YAeQht7l.jpg

wUtbIhJl.jpg
Honestly I'd just make the logo smaller, don't see the big deal tbh as long as the logo is there to show it's part of the collection (I wouldn't have had the logo to begin with, it looks a bit crap and they don't line up properly).

1 case with Char's Counterattack, another case with the complete series of Mushishi on Blu-ray! Consistent spines plus a nice little bonus! Everyones a winner!

Or you could just throw in one of those boxes of tat like some other companies like to do.

I might be a lone voice here, but I wouldn't actually mind the films being in single width boxes (or, dare I say it, even just single Amaray cases that keep the spine design of the blu-ray cases inside the earlier sets). I like collectors editions for series, but I don't really buy them for films. I have a kind of mental price-per-minute for entertainment in my head and most CEs/LEs for films go waaay over it.

Back