UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Do you have any plans for Sound! yet as the US sets come to a nice £160 pre shipping. And is three parts so will we expect a £100 UE or is it delayed till PC allow you to sell it cheaper.

anime_andrew said:
Factor 1: I have to author those discs myself from scratch. (+2 on cost)
Factor 2: It's constant dialogue, subtitles cost a lot of money. (+1 on cost)
Factor 3: We're translating the extra feature of 30 mins interviewing everyone - which is super cool but pricey. (+1 on cost)
Factor 4: It also comes with a 60 page artbook put together from the Japanese assets we retrieved. (+1 on cost)
Factor 5: It also comes with 4 beautiful art cards using illustrations from the character designer. (+0.5 on cost)
This is sounding really good, and as a fan of the show I'm happy to pay a little extra for those goodies. It sounds like a release for me to really get excited about.

Now if only Sound of the Sky could get a similar release... *cough, hint, nudge*

thedoctor2016 said:
Do you have any plans for Sound! yet as the US sets come to a nice £160 pre shipping. And is three parts so will we expect a £100 UE or is it delayed till PC allow you to sell it cheaper.

As long as it doesn't use those stupid oversized keepcases that the US release has, I'd be quite content with them matching the US SRP and three-part split.

Jaysgba said:
thedoctor2016 said:

As long as it doesn't use those stupid oversized keepcases that the US release has, I'd be quite content with them matching the US SRP and three-part split.

I highly doubt anyone else will be.

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:
Tatami Galaxy Price is a head scratcher, unless it is given a Space Dandy-esque release with plenty of artwork, a nice fat book etc

I'm happy to spell it out on this one - it's a collector's project and a labour of love but it's not reallly a mainstream show and we had to put a tonne of work into making the release.

Factor 3: We're translating the extra feature of 30 mins interviewing everyone - which is super cool but pricey. (+1 on cost)
Factor 4: It also comes with a 60 page artbook put together from the Japanese assets we retrieved. (+1 on cost)
Factor 5: It also comes with 4 beautiful art cards using illustrations from the character designer. (+0.5 on cost)

Add in beautiful packaging using artwork never used on a western release and is the first BD release in the English speaking world and that is why it is £69.99 instead of our usual £59.99, to cover the costs above basically and deliver fans of the show the best possible version.

Hopefully not so head scratching now! Should have artwork to share in the next two weeks :).

AP

Sounds like it'll be av great set. Thanks for clarification. The rrp makes sense now.

Buzzkillington said:
anime_andrew said:

Hopefully not so head scratching now! Should have artwork to share in the next two weeks :).

AP
Can't wait to see it. I wouldn't hate it if you are using the artwork Grav posted a few pages back....

Some of it is used - but the box art was limited to Japan for that one though as was that particular booklet, but we have all the original video data to work from as well so there's plenty of artwork never used in the west to play with given all that ever was used before was the first keyart / volume artwork :).

AP

Jaysgba said:
thedoctor2016 said:

Two-for one on answers - no plans yet because still awaiting assets to work from. I'd proposed compressing it downwards but we'll see how that goes, dealing with Pony Canyon for video is a new experience for us here...

Re oversized keepcases - the day I do that is the day I'm asked to retire due to being not in sound mind...

AP

BanzaiJedi said:
anime_andrew said:
This is sounding really good, and as a fan of the show I'm happy to pay a little extra for those goodies. It sounds like a release for me to really get excited about.

Now if only Sound of the Sky could get a similar release... *cough, hint, nudge*

No problem and that's what we're going with here - hopefully it goes down well! Sound of the Sky is a blast from the past too...

Andrew

mrclt1994 said:
Gemsy-chan said:
I'll ask again but Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt...when?

Sorry if I sound like a broken record but I want my greedy little mitts on it.

Same here, it's been a month since the official release date, I know it takes a while from release date to get to us here in the UK with these import releases but this is kinda ridiculous right now lol

anime_andrew said:
Jaysgba said:
thedoctor2016 said:

Two-for one on answers - no plans yet because still awaiting assets to work from. I'd proposed compressing it downwards but we'll see how that goes, dealing with Pony Canyon for video is a new experience for us here...

Re oversized keepcases - the day I do that is the day I'm asked to retire due to being not in sound mind...

AP

Shame. I hope Ponycan allow you access to the assets soon, as you would want your release as close to s2 as possible.

Gemsy-chan said:
mrclt1994 said:
Gemsy-chan said:

Same here, it's been a month since the official release date, I know it takes a while from release date to get to us here in the UK with these import releases but this is kinda ridiculous right now lol

Packaging delays on our end, sorry :(.

They'll be out by end of this week!

AP

Hmmm... what else is there that we could get some updates on...

Perhaps these lot?
  • Blood Blockade Battlefront - Not much is said about this title for a fair while.
  • Miss Hokusai - Since I understand the delay regarding the booklet, GKIDS now have the film in the states. Will that interfere (i.e. they could offer a dub) or not?
  • The Place Promised In Our Early Days & Voices Pack - We know the disc-related stuff is done, what's the packaging for this release going to be like?

NormanicGrav said:

Perhaps these lot?
  • Blood Blockade Battlefront - Not much is said about this title for a fair while.
  • Miss Hokusai - Since I understand the delay regarding the booklet, GKIDS now have the film in the states. Will that interfere (i.e. they could offer a dub) or not?
  • The Place Promised In Our Early Days & Voices Pack - We know the disc-related stuff is done, what's the packaging for this release going to be like?

May I also suggest?
  • Aoharu x Kikanju/Machinegun - It has a date and some artwork from Sentai in the US, we don't even know if AL has home video for it

Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:

Perhaps these lot?

May I also suggest?
  • Aoharu x Kikanju/Machinegun - It has a date and some artwork from Sentai in the US, we don't even know if AL has home video for it

I keep forgetting they got that wonder what other title they really wanted it was packaged with

anime_andrew said:
mrclt1994 said:
Gemsy-chan said:

Packaging delays on our end, sorry :(.

They'll be out by end of this week!

AP

I have just received shipping confirmation on my order, so they seem to be moving. Although I did notice on the UPS shipping notice someone has spelt my name incorrectly, which is no big problem.

Shipping notice for mine too :)

Speaking of, been wondering for a while- does AL make any money on these Sunrise proxy releases or does it all go to Sunrise? Just curious because I want to do my part (part of why I opted for the FMA Ultimate Edition).

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:
Tatami Galaxy Price is a head scratcher, unless it is given a Space Dandy-esque release with plenty of artwork, a nice fat book etc

I'm happy to spell it out on this one - it's a collector's project and a labour of love but it's not reallly a mainstream show and we had to put a tonne of work into making the release.

Add in beautiful packaging using artwork never used on a western release and is the first BD release in the English speaking world and that is why it is £69.99 instead of our usual £59.99, to cover the costs above basically and deliver fans of the show the best possible version.

AP

At least that assuages my fears that the SRP was due to it shipping with a Collector's Edition wall of breasts...

Can you give us any more info re: what's included with the Belladonna of Sadness and Genius Party collector's editions? :D

Back